Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

My Star Ocean 5 Review!

Seeka

Featured Posts

Clkj9WPUkAAcokt.jpg

http://rpgfantasy.siterubix.com/star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-review

Some highlights...

Petition idea: Renaming “Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness” into the far more honest title “Star Ocean: Lost Potential and Lingering Regret”

...It just depends on how humorous you find some of these traits. Example: Fiore, who comes off as an intelligent woman, and Resulia renown researcher, is a yaoi fangirl who sees homosexuality in everything men do with other men. And she ships Victor with everyone. Tiffan, Fidel, Gunter, Emmerson, Dax, Daril… everyone.

So much. I am pretty sure 30 hours of my near fifty hours of gameplay, was mostly grinding and praying to the random item gods

However, if you preferred a more simplified, actually useful system, boy is this for you.

Emmerson is also interesting, as I am obsessed with his backpack. I want it. His entire outfit reminds me rather lot of a monk or rogue. Or a mongue? Or a ronk? Whatever. Still want that backpack.

Daks is another favorite, as his entire design as a character comes off incredibly villainous and he should be petting a cat evilly as he plots to kill the party with a pool of sharks. Instead he’s this kind of adorkable middle-aged man, who while probably owns a cat, he probably pets it while drinking coffee and reading mystery novels.

Please remember to turn off ad-block. Don't worry I don't have many ads. Only two, actually.

display name

One of the biggest disappointments in my life. I agree with just about every point in the review. tri-Ace, ha decay. :giveup: 

6 minutes ago, Garr said:

One of the biggest disappointments in my life. I agree with just about every point in the review. tri-Ace, ha decay. :giveup: 

tri-Ace makes good games. I honestly think they need to drop Star Ocean as a whole (as it is just turning into the Tales of series with aliens) and make more things like radiata Stories and Resonance of Fate. those two games are like... the best things I have ever played. Like just makes games. Not Star Ocean.

Though I'm gonna play ll the other games besides 4 (downloaded 1 &2 isos and I physically own 3) so I can decide whether or not there is a true decline in games.

But I'm glad I rented this game, not bought it. I wouldn't replay it. Even though I read there are multiple endings, it doesn't seem worth my time.

display name
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

tri-Ace makes good games. I honestly think they need to drop Star Ocean as a whole (as it is just turning into the Tales of series with aliens) and make more things like radiata Stories and Resonance of Fate. those two games are like... the best things I have ever played. Like just makes games. Not Star Ocean.

Though I'm gonna play ll the other games besides 4 (downloaded 1 &2 isos and I physically own 3) so I can decide whether or not there is a true decline in games.

But I'm glad I rented this game, not bought it. I wouldn't replay it. Even though I read there are multiple endings, it doesn't seem worth my time.

The game's not worth any more time. I wasted a lot of time on it myself and got the platinum. I really had nothing else on the PS4 to play, and because of the roles, you could let your team finish off all of the end-game battles for you as long as you were clicking a single button, so I was multi-tasking other things while I left it on. The multiple endings are far from rewarding. Some of them are just slaps in the face. For example, having the highest affinity with Anne means nothing and just leads to an ending that is, put plainly, awkward.

Definitely go in to the other games with an open mind. The first one is good but isn't too impressive. Star Ocean 2, however, is one of the best games of the PS1 era. 3 is different. For me, it was a step down, but many love it because it introduced them to the series. Not a bad game, but much more time is spent in cut-scenes than desired by older fans of Star Ocean. 4 was even worse and was truly a prelude to the blandness of the most recent game. Feel free to completely ignore both it and Blue Sphere.

13 minutes ago, Garr said:

The game's not worth any more time. I wasted a lot of time on it myself and got the platinum. I really had nothing else on the PS4 to play, and because of the roles, you could let your team finish off all of the end-game battles for you as long as you were clicking a single button, so I was multi-tasking other things while I left it on. The multiple endings are far from rewarding. Some of them are just slaps in the face. For example, having the highest affinity with Anne means nothing and just leads to an ending that is, put plainly, awkward.

Definitely go in to the other games with an open mind. The first one is good but isn't too impressive. Star Ocean 2, however, is one of the best games of the PS1 era. 3 is different. For me, it was a step down, but many love it because it introduced them to the series. Not a bad game, but much more time is spent in cut-scenes than desired by older fans of Star Ocean. 4 was even worse and was truly a prelude to the blandness of the most recent game. Feel free to completely ignore both it and Blue Sphere.

I watched Victor's ending and was like "This sucks. This sucks so hard." I got Miki's ending and I just feel like the whole relationship between her and Fidel was forced. Like... I hate this thing where like the guys are stuck, most of the time, with the first girl in the game.

I SHIP FAYBEL DAMMIT. I SHIP FICTOR. Anyone but Miki... or Relia. That is awkward.

I think I like 3 a lot, but there is a lot of fatigue in the game where you don't want to go anywhere anymore after a certain point. However, you have to admit, it has some of the better post game content. I also think it's a nice intro to the series (if you ignore the twist) for those of us more used to traditional rpgs.

display name
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

I watched Victor's ending and was like "This sucks. This sucks so hard." I got Miki's ending and I just feel like the whole relationship between her and Fidel was forced. Like... I hate this thing where like the guys are stuck, most of the time, with the first girl in the game.

I SHIP FAYBEL DAMMIT. I SHIP FICTOR. Anyone but Miki... or Relia. That is awkward.

I think I like 3 a lot, but there is a lot of fatigue in the game where you don't want to go anywhere anymore after a certain point. However, you have to admit, it has some of the better post game content. I also think it's a nice intro to the series (if you ignore the twist) for those of us more used to traditional rpgs.

It's post-game content was good, and it was overall a good, solid game; I can see its appeal. In general, most of the complaints regarding the game are made by the people who really loved 2. 3 is actually the first one my brother played, and he wouldn't give 2 a chance, seeing it as a step back in terms of gameplay, among other things. For me, it was the opposite, so as I said, just go into the older games with an open mind. Each one is a unique experience of course.

12 minutes ago, Garr said:

It's post-game content was good, and it was overall a good, solid game; I can see its appeal. In general, most of the complaints regarding the game are made by the people who really loved 2. 3 is actually the first one my brother played, and he wouldn't give 2 a chance, seeing it as a step back in terms of gameplay, among other things. For me, it was the opposite, so as I said, just go into the older games with an open mind. Each one is a unique experience of course.

Like I said, I think it was meant to appeal to a broader audience. 3 is very sidequesty, and has a lot of story to digest. I think it's really the 7 or 13 Final fantasy equivalent to Star Ocean. It will have fans dvided for ages on whther or not it's a good game, or overrated or underrated.

Like I said, I liked 3, as it was very much a more traditional rpg.

We also have to remember that star Ocean was created in a dispute with the Tales of creators, so that's something to take into consideration.

SO5 is probably one of the worst games I have played in my life. not the worst worst, but it's a competitor.

Archived