music news

Paulina Rubio's New Single Coming on Nov 11th

Bambino

Featured Posts

avalon x

I thought it was that brunette ****star everyone keeps posting. :awkney: 

I guess they are sisters or something. :awkney: 

Spoiler

Don't kill me for this. :deadbanana: I'm sorry.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino
3 hours ago, GloZell Green said:

I mean she releases with people she wants to release with regardless of whether or not they're relevant. I mean she collaborated with Carlos Vives, not a household name, on a track which outsold and outstreamed every Pau single but that's none of my business

Carlos Vives got Shakira to be on his song but you know Shakira wouldn't get somebody like Carlos to be on a song of hers. She'd get people who happen to be household names, like you said, and those are the likes of Rihanna, and recently, Maluma, who is currently the most popular Latin artist of the moment. Can't blame her tho. He gave Thalia her first hit in a long time.

It's Paulina who releases songs with whoever she wants regardless of their fame, which is why she released a song with Morat, a completely unknown, new band. She has her own status and she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone because she's not just getting started in the game.

3 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

it's not like Paulina is more talented. Lorena's videos slay and Paulina's don't. And neither of them can sing.

did you watch Paulina trying to sing "girls just wanna have fun" with Demi Lovato @ Mexico City?

I think Lorena is just having fun. Singing is not really her thing and she will never have the iconic status of Paulina as one of the main Latin artists. If you think Paulina is not talented, then explain her longevity? Maybe she's not having #1s anymore but she had those in the past, she won awards, and did all sorts of things that Lorena would never be able to do with her singing career.

It's not new that Paulina's live vocals are not the best. But can Madonna and Britney do better?

Psychedelic
3 hours ago, Bambino said:

At least she doesn't ride trends and release duets with the hottest and most popular artists of the moment to stay relevant :classy:

Babe! my tea was served so hawt, two hobbits just came to me trying to throw a ring in it!!! :reductive:

Really excited fot this, I saw Pau in concert one year ago, and she was great... She's not so bad at singing like many people think. And she will always be one of favorite latinas for being so authentic!

Flippy

I cannot wait!!!! Me & my bestie are super excited for it!!! :excited2:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Carlos Abel Garcia
5 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

Is she the one that does that "Boys will be boys" song? I travelled across Spain a few years ago and that song was everywhere. Love it :firega:

Yes Dominic. Paulina Rubio is a super star in spain! :) Also "Mi nuevo vicio" was a hit!!!

Carlos Abel Garcia
5 hours ago, Bambino said:

Mexican pop singer Paulina Rubio, also known as the Queen of Latin Pop, the Golden Girl, the Latin Madonna, the original blonde -unlike Shakira- and Thalia's eternal rival, is coming back with a new single on November 11th.

8m76Nom.jpg

La reina esta de regreso! :classy:

About time! :giveup:

We can´t wait !!! ME QUEMA!!!!! 

Rockets

Y Yo Sigo Aqui is the only song I know from her :poot:

El mango bien madurito :poot:

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Bambino
1 hour ago, Runway said:

But will it be a hit a la Desde Esa Noche tho:classy:

Would Desde Esa Noche have been a hit without Maluma tho? :classy:

Ferrer Zorola
On 28/10/2016 at 4:19 PM, Bambino said:

Carlos Vives got Shakira to be on his song but you know Shakira wouldn't get somebody like Carlos to be on a song of hers. She'd get people who happen to be household names, like you said, and those are the likes of Rihanna, and recently, Maluma, who is currently the most popular Latin artist of the moment. Can't blame her tho. He gave Thalia her first hit in a long time.

It's Paulina who releases songs with whoever she wants regardless of their fame, which is why she released a song with Morat, a completely unknown, new band. She has her own status and she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone because she's not just getting started in the game.

I think Lorena is just having fun. Singing is not really her thing and she will never have the iconic status of Paulina as one of the main Latin artists. If you think Paulina is not talented, then explain her longevity? Maybe she's not having #1s anymore but she had those in the past, she won awards, and did all sorts of things that Lorena would never be able to do with her singing career.

It's not new that Paulina's live vocals are not the best. But can Madonna and Britney do better?

I think Paulina just worked with awesome writers. Her collaboration with Los Tigres Del Norte was a hit because the song was already a hit and it's well written, just like Paulina's classics. But now, I think she struggles to get catchy songs. 

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived