💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Come To Mama for a Christmas release?

TMC

Featured Posts

52 minutes ago, TMC said:

I think it would do so well in the UK... the feel, the sound... everything about it at that time of year will slay tbh.

Thoughts?

yeah it could do very well here towards christmas

9 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

It does not sound like a Christmas song at all, I dont get why anyone would say that. Sounds like some song in a 60s movie.

I do get why people are saying that, but, they're wrong. It's not a Christmas song and should not become one.

Anyway, it would work in the UK, but not the US.

Rockets

Come to Mama is NOT  a fking CHRISTMAS SONG OMG :grr:

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

artpopulace

ft. Tony Bennett :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Tbh i hope she'll do a christmas special this year (although I doubt she'll be able to that because of Superbowl/ASIB) since she had specials for BTW (A Very Gaga Thanksgiving) and (Lady Gaga and the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular).

I doubt there will another single before Superbowl, except for MR (2nd) and A-YO (3rd, just before Superbowl).

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

1 hour ago, Glory said:

Performed for christmas ball or something like that but nope to a single.

And watch it rise on iTunes and be announced as a single lol

1 hour ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Perhaps she needs to add some new lyrics that have references to christmas to it. 

Cum to Santa :derpga::sis:

flopheart

I think MR will doing still good around xmas but i'm here for some random tv performances or promo of COME TO SLAYMA

DAVID VOGUER
42 minutes ago, RocketNumber8 said:

Come to Mama is NOT  a fking CHRISTMAS SONG OMG :grr:

Thank you! I don't know what's wrong with ppl... 

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

The reason we associate Come To Mama with Christmas music is because it sounds like a classic Phil Spector production - a man who worked with many famous artists including The Beatles and girl groups of the 1960's. These girl groups like The Ronettes, with help from Phil Spector, made a bunch of Christmas music that has become iconic today, and permanently cemented in the holiday sound. Christmas music is special in that the same old tracks are played every year during the holiday season. Because we hear so much Christmas music with that 60's sound when it's blasted on radios, we tend to associate that style of sound with that season. Whereas you can't guarantee that people hear that 60's sound during the rest of the year, it's pretty damn likely that you'll hear it during Christmas.

So, because that sound is most common to our ears when listening to the more-often-played Christmas tracks, we associate it with Christmas music. Therefore, since Come To Mama was inspired by 60's music, we think it sounds like Christmas.

Example: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). Produced by Phil Spector, sung by Darlene Love. 1963.

I didn't mean it's a Christmas themed song at all, just that what a positive message at a time when everyone needs it and is happy and merry as it is. I always think of John Lennons 'War is Over'... so subtly Christmassy :)

Archived