stop trying to make million reasons the next single

ashae

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou
38 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You're saying that now when it's doing well on the charts. What happens if it falls? What happens if A-YO gets more popular?

She's "properly promoting" A-YO, and we should just encourage her and support it.

A-YO needs to have a seat she is trying to make it happen though, better songs on the album in my opinion 

I'm forcing myself to quit worrying about stupid things like charts and single choices so I can just enjoy the era.

I was stoked about A-YO being the second single before Million Reasons starting selling well from CK.

I'm just going to play the record and chill.

2 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

A-YO needs to have a seat she is trying to make it happen though, better songs on the album in my opinion 

A-YO is one of the most radio-friendly songs on the album. The songs you think are "better" are subjective. A-YO is objectively a good single choice.

GagaUnderYou
2 minutes ago, Slade said:

A-YO is one of the most radio-friendly songs on the album. The songs you think are "better" are subjective. A-YO is objectively a good single choice.

You thinking A-YO as one of the most radio-friendly is also opinion 

A-YO is a weak track for me, I guess I had higher expectations for it 

1 hour ago, ashae said:

REMEMBER DWUW?REMEMBER HOW THAT WORKED OUT? STOP TRYING TO MAKE HER SWITCH SINGLES AGAIN!

That is all

DWUW was a better choice than Venus... But Terry decided to abuse of a dancer on the set of the video. HERE is the problem. Not in the fact her plans changed

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 10/27/2016 at 6:32 PM, L E O said:

PREACH.

For once she's releasing the single that SHE wants, so let her. You're all the first one to jump at interscope for choosing the single instead of her, how is that different of her, uh?

Considering Interscope put the press release about A-YO a day after Gaga said on Stern she didn't want to do singles this era, it seems as though they are still controlling the singles this album cycle. GAGA tweeted about Venus becoming 2nd single because she wanted it to be; they chose Do What U Want. Gaga didn't tweet about A-YO yet or requesting it to radio. For all we know she wants Million Reasons as the single. Idk what they expected after Gaga flawlessly sang MR acoustic and it was already received well. A-YO was chopped up during commercial breaks and probably got on people's nerves to be honest. She should do what she wants to do. She should make a video ASAP as well. 

Why not take Florence + The Machines approach and make a film with both A-YO and MR?

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 10/27/2016 at 6:57 PM, GagaUnderYou said:

Honey we're not even a week after album release. She has two-three more singles left in this album. Breathe. 

Reality
17 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Just because you don't like a song doesn't mean it's not going to be a single. I'm sorry, the world doesn't revolve around your decision.

The fact of the matter is that Gaga has chosen A-YO as the single, that's it. We need to support it and her, your opinion is one out of, literally, millions. 

🃏🖤👹

ryhanna

It's difficult to compare it to DWUW. The main reason that fell to pieces wasn't necessarily that it wasn't meant to be the 2nd single, but that there were so many internal issues going on with Gaga's management for a long time. things don't seem that bad this time around.

Honestly, I've gone back and forth on what I think about this single, and right now I'm like, **** it, MR is clearly going to be popular, why not just send it to radio? Is releasing a gorgeous ballad that shows her impressive vocals, has had beautiful live performances and will expose her music to new people really going to compromise her vision that much? 

I'm only seeing positves here. There's no reason AYO can't come after it?

23 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

You thinking A-YO as one of the most radio-friendly is also opinion 

A-YO is a weak track for me, I guess I had higher expectations for it 

Yeah, but when you look at the song objectively, it's very suited for American radio. I don't know much about international radio, but A-YO, based on lyrics, melody, composition, production, marketability, etc., has massive potential as a single in the United States.

The problem is that Million Reasons meets all of those requirements too. That's where all this arguing over the second single is coming from. They both could be perfect choices! It's a great problem for her and Interscope to have for real.

And while I love A-YO, I think there are better songs on the album too. I'm just trying to see it from Gaga and Interscope's perspective, ya know?

Hardly anyone noticed in europe that Gaga released a new album. Many stores do not even have the album. So yeah, i understand why people want that Million Reasons should be released and be sent to the radio, especially in europe.

There is no promotion in europe at all, but Million Reasons will do wonders here and is the best promotion for Joanne so far.

Just let her do her thing. Last times this happened we got a weak video for TEOG, when that song could've been the biggest hit off BTW if it had a great visual.

Venus had planned performances, video was planned, outfits picked, she even rocked the seashell girl look for the whole era. DWUW came and she performed it everywhere, didn't crack the top 10 and the video was cancelled because she felt rushed.

Lets not act like Venus is more radio friendly than DWUW, I'm sure DWUW would've been a single if they followed a plan. She resonated with Venus more and it would've slayd due to being a pre-album single. Plus I think the club remixes of Venus would've been a LOT better than DWUW's.

BYE

SpadesToStart
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

She sang AYO 10x+ on The Late Show and it isn't on top 10 yet.

Yeah, but only people who actually watched the show saw that. A-YO wasn't in the much more widely-seen carpool karaoke video, which is the only reason for MR's current popularity 

16 minutes ago, ryhanna said:

It's difficult to compare it to DWUW. The main reason that fell to pieces wasn't necessarily that it wasn't meant to be the 2nd single, but that there were so many internal issues going on with Gaga's management for a long time. things don't seem that bad this time around.

Yeah, this is a much different situation than Venus/DWUW. Promo singles in the past have only caused problems for Gaga, i.e. Judas/TEOG & Venus/DWUW.

This time, they were much more strategic. They probably had A-YO in mind from the get-go, but wanted to wait and see how Million Reasons did as well. When both were successful, they probably just stuck with their original plan of releasing A-YO. They probably didn't foresee such a massive response for Million Reasons after CK, but I would rather them stick with their plans rather than scrambling and changing things last minute. That has NEVER worked out for her.

Archived