opinion

I love DIC, but....

Chelseaaaaaa

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

If Joanne was a concept album it'd have been out of place, but so would John Wayne, Ayo, Perfect Illusion. 

If you look at her other albums, not all of the songs fit the theme of the album. If she followed each of them 100%, we would not have Government Hooker, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover and let's not get started on ARTPOP, which was a fest of different themes.

We know how picky Gaga is when it comes to her music. I don't think she'd place a song there just to fill it and have a complete album.

Joanne is like a mix tape from some young girl in 1976, the only song that maybe don't fit in that concept is Angel Down, but I think AD is like the all is full of love of the album, probably a sneak peak of the sound of the next album.

Prepare for dark and sad electronic songs on LG6.

Anderson123
1 minute ago, Leaf said:

E6GXWvg.jpg

Dancing in Circles is All That She Wants and Alejandro is Don't Turn Around. :golfclap:

Just now, Alan123 said:

Dancing in Circles is All That She Wants and Alejandro is Don't Turn Around. 

"Gaga's attempt at making a reggae song"

3 minutes ago, Leaf said:

"Gaga's attempt at making a reggae song"

giphy.gif

queen of latin music and 90'ska, the closer she got to punk as in funk the punk

Poissonche
Just now, mic said:

You're not the only one love dics in here :laughga: 

and it fits in really

That's what it was made for. To fit in places.

DeanWinchester
9 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

That's what it was made for. To fit in places.

:toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

I love DIC, too :stalkga: Dancing in circles is nice.

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

1 hour ago, Chelsea Symona said:

It doesn't belong on 'Joanne' and I feel like it's just there to please pure pop fans. It come off like a proverbial "here's your bop so leave me alone!" opposed to it being a cohesive fit like other songs. If she wanted to, she could've made something more in tune with the album with Beck, but she didn't, and I think that is mainly why. That doesn't lessen the quality of the album for me nor would I change us getting such a good track. But still. It's quite lost among the folk, country, & alt rock.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the lyrics "Tap down those boots while I beat around let's funk downtown" - that makes it fit enough for me with the rest of the album :) lol

Archived