Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
opinion

Is it time for Lana's 1989 (her first pure pop album)

Versace

Featured Posts

Omg just one month I'm not ready :cryga:  she must be so inspired to put out an album every year and I love it, keep feeding me:giveup:

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lona Delery

well, Pop would make her more famous again, exactly what she doesn't want. So she won't do pop in the near future I think.

But imo all of her albums were pop :duck: I don't see how they're alternative

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

ElectricAlley

Honesty I don't think she would ever go full blooded pop, and I'm not sure we'd want her to. Honeymoon was a let down, the whole album sounded like one song. (And I saying that cause I LOVE Lana. I stanned since 2012) something with the production and quality of Ultraviolence would be amazing but I won't hold my breath. 

nativenewyorker
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Just don't make another honeymoon plz, there are literally no interesting melody in that album 

I'm calling the police. Salvatore, High by the Beach, and Freak are shook. :grr:

DAVID VOGUER
1 hour ago, SlayMeToVenus said:

Who is this? He's really cute. :giveup:

lol it's a stock photo :D

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

RichAssPiss

Still waiting for her to release pop hits in the making from her catalog like Go-Go Dancer, Serial Killer, and Damn You.

gagaisitalian

I'm here for a modernized Born to Die. I think she has tried showing that Born to Die isn't who she truly is, but I would like to see who she truly is come out through more upbeat music.

Off to the Races, Driving in Cars with Boys, Serial Killer, and Hundred Dollar Bill are all amazing upbeat Lana trakcs

RainOnMeeeeee

To be honest I loved Honeymoon, but it'd be cool to hear pure pop music from her. As long as it's not forced and the songs don't get annoying after 2 listens. I loved Honeymoon because it sounded mature, jazzy, and cinematic. I'm still listening to the album a year later. It's fresh. But I love some of her unreleased upbeat-ish songs though, like Breaking My Heart and Go Go Dancer and Every Man Gets His Wish.

No, she needs to stick to what she does best. She might be more successful but she will lose any drop of authenticity and originality in her image, and for me that takes away from the enjoyment of listening to her music.

I think Ultraviolence is her best album yet, the balance of slow yet powerful was great. Honeymoon was just boring, she needs something fresh but not pop. 

Radio Ga Ga
2 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

tbh honey moon was like her ARTPOP. a mix of everything shes already done but not even as good as the past material it built upon.

lana's lg5 reverse warholian expedition into a fresher sound may be upon us next

Yeah I agree, but because I think I'm a way bigger Gaga Stan than Lana Stan, I digested ARTPOP instantly

Versace
16 hours ago, gagu said:

Omg just one month I'm not ready :cryga:  she must be so inspired to put out an album every year and I love it, keep feeding me:giveup:

Well isn't it her thing to put an album out and then fade out of the spotlight, she's way more mysterious than Gaga, it's like she puts an album out, goes back to her cave, plays show here and there then back to her cave lol, none the less she's an amazing artist.

Versace

Is it just me or is the way Lana's career has been playing out

Born To Die - Her The Fame

Paradise - Her The Fame Monster

Ultraviolence - Her Born This Way

Honeymoon - Her ARTPOP

L5 - Is her Joanne!!!! :udidnt: 

I cracked the code 

AdamMonster94

She needs another Paradise! It was my favorite of hers. Of a whole album full of songs like Diet Mountain Dew. 

Archived