Entertainment Weekly Reviews Joanne

Monsterious

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Ga Ga
30 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Wouldn't a B count as an 85/100? Or are these grades different from school. :emma:

i wish my school gives B for 75, then I would have straight A's lol :toofunny:

DavidLirk

Entertainment weekly review: 75/100 (B)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/24/lady-gaga-joanne-ew-review

Still, Joanne is a curious bauble, demonstrating that although Gaga’s power to shock has waned, her artistry continues to evolve in exceptional ways. From the niche passion of a duets album with Tony Bennett to a wild leap into American Horror Story to the folksy enterprise du jour, Gaga’s choices have been so laser-focused, they almost seem reckless. That’s what makes Joanne such a fun experiment. Her personality as pop’s reigning eccentric is as clear here as her scholarly interest in the nuts and bolts of genre. Joanne is not as brazen and bold as it could have been, but it’s merely a temporary beat in the timeline of an artist who’s earned the right to stray down a path, be it a disco-lit runway or a dusty road. She’ll return to straight pop, no doubt, but she’s reserved the right to take a detour. With Lady Gaga, it’s never a question of “why,” but “why not?”

ARTPOPNick

SHE IS AT 68 RIGHT NOW

AND WE STILL NEED BILLBOARD

COME ONE GIVE US THAT PERFECT REVIEW SO THAT SHE CAN HTI THE 70S

GagaIsDope

70 just sounds so much better than 68. It sounds really well received compared to kinda mixed reviews. Weird that 2 points makes that much difference

Archived