celeb

Madonna: "I have no need to defend myself"

yxi

Featured Posts

AgusPop

15 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Reading is fundamental :madge:

You are absolutely biased. :saladga:

Madonna literally mocked the Born This Way´s Message" and a whole fan base in 80 concerts. 

She said in her concert “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and a lot of things about Gaga. She was a complete bully.

Where are you been in the BTW era?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, AgusPop said:

You are absolutely biased. :saladga:

Madonna literally mocks the Born This Way´s Message" and a whole fan base in 80 concerts. 

She said in her concert “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and a lot of things about Gaga. She was a complete bully.

Where are you been in the BTW era?

I was applauding Gaga being the bigger person :interestinga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Nirvana
13 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Okay tell me, did you conveniently leave out the "what we do is different" part? Because if Gaga claims she writes her songs and what Madonna does is different--how am I supposed to take that as anything but implying Madonna isn't writing her own songs?

Like really, I love Gaga first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I will warp and twist everything to defend her. Her phrasing makes it difficult NOT to see it as shade.

I think she's just fed up with the comparisons... And pointing out how she writes her own songs based on her own experience and life, and doesn't rip off Madonna.

And she's been a fan of Madonna too, why would she not know about her writing history? I know all my faves, so I think it would be somehow foolish to think she wouldn't know Madonna is involved.

And also how convenient, I saw Perez commenting on her instagram a couple of days ago about this... :madge:

DeanWinchester
Just now, PennyroyalTea said:

I think she's just fed up with the comparisons... And pointing out how she writes her own songs based on her own experience and life, and doesn't rip off Madonna.

I know that's what she meant. My issue is with her phrasing. If she said something like I write songs myself from my personal experiences like Madonna has her own experiences---THAT would make it not shady.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

AgusPop
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I was applauding Gaga being the bigger person :interestinga:

and you are trashing Gaga because a stupid question asked by a journalist and a response out of context?

DeanWinchester
Just now, AgusPop said:

and you are trashing Gaga because a stupid question asked by a journalist and a response out of context?

So far my posts here started with

-defending Madonna without dragging Gaga

-expounding on how my issue is with the phrasing of Gaga (with focus on songwriting) and not her abilities

the only post close to "trashing" Gaga is my observation at the angle that somebody might think Gaga is also throwing shade when the issue has died down and there have been several instances in between the old feud and now when they appeared to be in good terms

:interestinga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Nirvana
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I know that's what she meant. My issue is with her phrasing. If she said something like I write songs myself from my personal experiences like Madonna has her own experiences---THAT would make it not shady.

Yeah, it would have been a better phrasing, but I think she did not see the question coming (yet again) and went with the flow. I don't think it was her intention at all.

AgusPop
4 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

So far my posts here started with

-defending Madonna without dragging Gaga

-expounding on how my issue is with the phrasing of Gaga (with focus on songwriting) and not her abilities

the only post close to "trashing" Gaga is my observation at the angle that somebody might think Gaga is also throwing shade when the issue has died down and there have been several instances in between the old feud and now when they appeared to be in good terms

:interestinga:

Ok, Im tired´of this. but I think you are biased if you put the whole feud in  context

DeanWinchester
Just now, AgusPop said:

Ok, Im tired´of this. but I think you are biased if you put the whole feud in  context

Whatever gets you through the night :staymad:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Haroon

Let's keep this discussion on-topic and away from fan wars and whatever guys :spin: Whether it's about Gaga or not is anyone's guess but there's no excuse to be rude about anyone. Keep negative opinions on the clean and constructive side please :omg: 

3 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

Puting ink on your hands doesn't make u a writer. She acts like a 15 yo ....

She was talking about handwritten letters though, which use ink :sweat: Not songwriting :emma: 

There is something slightly weird, when two users with same outfit avatars, begin to argue :emma: Makes it feel like some kind of inner-head discussion is taking place :emma:

OT: I don't know what to exactly say about Madonna in this case. She has done a *beep* load of stuff during her career. Gaga simply defended herself in that interview. She does realise who Madonna is, but it's clear that she's not the icon she used to admire before BTW. 

Now Madonna seems to be kinda emotionally weird these recent years. So for her to go on the defense about this, is not that surprising. 

I think it's important to notice how Madonna's post is a complete defense (if taken in context). She's not throwing any proper shade back...which is kinda weird, considering her being Madonna and all :emma:

EDIT: Damn that guy replying to her post "That's why i write all my Poems...."

Since when has not writing your own poetry been a thing :huh: ?

8 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Bitch I'm Madonna has more writers than the Born This Way album, and has the most tragic lyrics ever, so yeah, I believe you.

get.gif

BITCH I'M MADONNA
Madonna Ciccone
Thomas Wesley "Diplo" Pentz
Ariel Rechtshaid
Maureen McDonald
Toby Gad
Onika Tanya "Nicki Minaj" Maraj
Samuel "SOPHIE" Long

SINNER'S PRAYER
Stefani "Lady Gaga" Germanotta
Josh Tillman
Mark Ronson
Michael Tucker
Thomas Brenneck
Jeff Bhasker

Whoops... When you discount Nicki's verse on BIM for which there is an extra credit, I guess your point is invalid.

Archived