Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can we talk about Gagas vocals during Million Reasons live on SNL

itsdominik

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Moncher said:

These vocals are actually not as good as usual from her. She is using a weird technique this era and you can tell she is kind of struggling with it, Gags stop 

Thank you, finally somebody who agrees with me.

I stopped worrying about her vocals after Sound of Music and National Anthem but some weird habit started to form as TIHTY progressed. You can tell the smoking has done some damage as her voice is a lot raspier than before.

Another thing is that the songs on Joanne are much higher and she usually can't hit them as easily other than belting.

P.S. Clove cigars damage the vocal cords more than normal cigars, although it is less addictive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HauntingHollow
1 minute ago, PerfectDelusion said:

Thank you, finally somebody who agrees with me.

I stopped worrying about her vocals after Sound of Music and National Anthem but some weird habit started to form as TIHTY progressed. You can tell the smoking has done some damage as her voice is a lot raspier than before.

Another thing is that the songs on Joanne are much higher and she usually can't hit them as easily other than belting.

I do not worry about damage at all, i think this is all because of the technique, she is trying to sound more emotional and places her belts in weird placement, while she gains a nice color to her vocals, she loses ease and resonance on her belts, you can clearly here this if you compare Angel Down with the work tape version, in the work tape she is using healthier technique and her belts are clearer and more resonant but in the normal version she is using this weird technique and her belts are more constricted. Do not worry, i am sure this is all intentional + she even stopped smoking and if that is true the difference will be heard soon 

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

2 minutes ago, Moncher said:

I do not worry about damage at all, i think this is all because of the technique, she is trying to sound more emotional and places her belts in weird placement, while she gains a nice color to her vocals, she loses ease and resonance on her belts, you can clearly here this if you compare Angel Down with the work tape version, in the work tape she is using healthier technique and her belts are clearer and more resonant but in the normal version she is using this weird technique and her belts are more constricted. Do not worry, i am sure this is all intentional + she even stopped smoking and if that is true the difference will be heard soon 

Praying for her to slay at the Superbowl with proper vocal coaching. Sound of Music took a month of coaching, that's why it was so good, excluding the very end where she used vibrato to overcome the flat note :toofunny:

Also, she needs to record the soundtrack album soon.

I thought her vocals were on point on MR, I felt that these high notes were easier for her to sing than ever before... :shrug:

NewUsername

They were not as crisp as some of her other vocals, but they were definitely amazing and better than for example the first time she performed it during the Dive Bar Tour. She REALLY sounds good on here.

2 minutes ago, RGR said:

I thought her vocals were on point on MR, I felt that these high notes were easier for her to sing than ever before... :shrug:

Her belting sounds easier but she couldn't hit high notes softly. Also, her belting has become less resonant.

Just now, Driezewies said:

They were not as crisp as some of her other vocals, but they were definitely amazing and better than for example the first time she performed it during the Dive Bar Tour. She REALLY sounds good on here.

Yup, better than the first Dive Bar. That one was full of flat notes. She was clashing with Hillary's harmony :toofunny:

Oh and btw, I just hate Hillary Lindsey singing on it. I mean, she's sweet and all but Gaga's voice should be alone and doesn't need any backup...

Just now, RGR said:

Oh and btw, I just hate Hillary Lindsey singing on it. I mean, she's sweet and all but Gaga's voice should be alone and doesn't need any backup...

She's not doing backup, she's harmonising

Just now, PerfectDelusion said:

She's not doing backup, she's harmonising

Still... I don't like her voice on this record (I mean the live version) :nails:

NewUsername
4 minutes ago, PerfectDelusion said:

Yup, better than the first Dive Bar. That one was full of flat notes. She was clashing with Hillary's harmony :toofunny:

I wouldn't say there were really FLAT notes. To me they didn't sound very stable and you could notice that she still hasn't sung the song a lot of times yet. It's normal, I guess, most of the time we see how she gets better and better singing a specific song more and more. It's also logical as well.

Just now, RGR said:

Still... I don't like her voice on this record (I mean the live version) :nails:

I think it's just not well-balanced because Gaga is VERY loud live. Unlike in the studio where they can balance the vocal recordings.

Just now, Driezewies said:

I wouldn't say there were really FLAT notes. To me they didn't sound very stable and you could notice that she still hasn't sung the song a lot of times yet. It's normal, I guess, most of the time we see how she gets better and better singing a specific song more and more. It's also logical as well.

I have faith in her. Her first few DWUW performances were a mess (ArtRave, X Factor UK and Graham Norton) and then we got the AMAs.

NewUsername
1 minute ago, PerfectDelusion said:

I have faith in her. Her first few DWUW performances were a mess (ArtRave, X Factor UK and Graham Norton) and then we got the AMAs.

DWUW @ AMA :legend: 

Joshie S

little managers wanted tv promo

they ****ing got it, gurl she SLAY

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Archived