💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The only problem I have with Joanne...

Quartz

Featured Posts

Haroon

I get what you mean and agree :huh: It starts out strong and each song smacks you around the face and I wish they were more dispersed so it really let you appreciate each song more (whether slower or faster) because there'd be a larger contrast to the ones surrounding it. It's a bit like Prism because it starts all "WOOHOO!" then becomes like "this is nice" when it should at least be like "THIS IS NICE!"

Quartz
1 hour ago, Haroon said:

I get what you mean and agree :huh: It starts out strong and each song smacks you around the face and I wish they were more dispersed so it really let you appreciate each song more (whether slower or faster) because there'd be a larger contrast to the ones surrounding it. It's a bit like Prism because it starts all "WOOHOO!" then becomes like "this is nice" when it should at least be like "THIS IS NICE!"

I don't care that other people in this thread don't see my point, as long as the legendary Haroon also sees the light, I am satisfied #Blessed :giveup:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

doppelganger
13 hours ago, hellothing said:

...is the fact that all thumpers are at the first half of the album. After Perfect Illusion, everything is slow. I love these ballads but in ARTPOP, I always looked forward to Applause. I also really looked forward to The Edge of Glory on Born This Way. Not that the songs are boring but it does lull you to a more toned down mood. I would have totally been here for Perfect Illusion as the closer and Angel Down in the middle to set a hopeful mood after the end of the album. Ending with Angel Down is quite depressing. :duck:

I always start listening from Million Reasons.  

Quartz
1 minute ago, doppelganger said:

I always start listening from Million Reasons.  

Oh, you start with MR and end with PI? That's interesting. I can see that it crescendos towards the end. I might start listening to it that way :giveup:

I always thought the perfect order is:

1) Diamond Heart - I think this is a perfect intro song. It really sets the mood to the whole album. (Thumper)

2) A-yo - I have no problem with the original order for these two songs, their speed aren't that far from each other. (Thumper)

3) John Wayne - After smoking 'em all, the lyrics in John Wayne, "Baby let's get high" really fits. (Thumper)

4) Dancing in Circles - She had to end her relationships with the John Waynes in her life but she was so into them that she still touches herself with them in mind. (Thumper)

5) Sinner's Prayer - After having a sinful night of swirling around in pleasure, this is a fitting song to follow. Also, now that her libido has been satiated, she now reflects the bad stuff about John Wayne with a clearer mindset. (Transition)

6) Million Reasons - After reflecting the bad, she's also reflecting the good from that relationship and life in general. This song is a gateway to the slower side of Joanne. (Transition)

7) Joanne - After thinking about not letting go, Gaga thinks about other things she can't let go and one of them is Joanne. Ultimately, she does understand that she has to accept her death but still questions it regardless. (Ballad)

8) Angel Down - Now that we're on the topic of death, we get to reflect other deaths in our society that, even though don't directly affect us, they do impact us in other ways. This is where we look from our personal pain and look outwards to the pain of society as a whole. (Ballad)

9) Come to Mama - As the album delves to social commentary, Come to Mama looks at the solution to today's problems which is basically loving one another like children, without malice and prejudice. This is her response to Angel Down. (Transition)

10) Hey Girl - To continue the positivity of the previous track, here comes another uplifting anthem. (Transition)

11) Perfect Illusion - The most adrenaline infused song on the album closes with a high. It's a commentary on the illusions in our life and what makes us truly happy is truth. After the long journey in the album where we discover there is more to life than obsessing over boys and sex, these are the illusions. We have to love each other and be truthful to one another to be truly happy. Hopeful, no? (Thumper)

I think this is a better ordering. Anyone who disagrees, fight me, quote me, @ me :fthis:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived