other

Joanne really affects family.

DAVID VOGUER

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Bazaar said:

My dad says she's the devil 

Lucky you! 

:(

One of the best joys, is being able to share music with family. But I don't think you are even close to being alone. I've been very fortunate in that, my Dad has been really open to music his whole life.

He doesn't love Gaga (personal taste), but I show him a lot of stuff. He even took me to my first concert.

I wonder how many parents think she is the devil :/

Just now, Turbogirl said:

:(

One of the best joys, is being able to share music with family. But I don't think you are even close to being alone. I've been very fortunate in that, my Dad has been really open to music his whole life.

He doesn't love Gaga (personal taste), but I show him a lot of stuff. He even took me to my first concert.

I wonder how many parents think she is the devil :/

When I asked my mom if I can go to a lady gaga concert she said no cuz she's bad, and for girls only. Like dawhat?!?

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

9 minutes ago, javaisreve said:

When I asked my mom if I can go to a lady gaga concert she said no cuz she's bad, and for girls only. Like dawhat?!?

Ah jeez. I'm sorry for that. Sometimes I feel like I lived in a bubble. You forget that people have drastically different experiences. Parents and family is such a complex thing for so many people. It makes me bummed that others don't get to experience bonding over music with their family.

That said, your Mom's perception of Gaga doesn't actually surprise me (as sad as that is to say). What I mean is, older people often have the perception that certain things are for specific genders. They don't want their son (or daughter) to be into things that aren't meant for them.

This gets into a much deeper discussion of gender roles / sexuality, and people associating things like Music to their deeper issues with those things. 

That said, I would try to talk to your Mom again sometime and have a rational discussion. Say Gaga music is not gender specific. Say that's she's professionally trained musician. She's influenced by artists like Bruce Springsteen and a lot of classic rock acts. She's worked with Tony Bennett. 

And if she still won't budge, then I promise you, be patient because things will get better as you get older. Even if that means after you move out away from home. Parents tend to change as they get older. Hopefully things change for the better in your situation.

I wish I could sneak you out to a show :p We would tell her we are seeing Slayer or some ****. 

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Easy said:

It also moved my Christian anti gay dad. 

He would often call the music I listen to noisy. So when C2C released, he downloaded it and told me that he never knew Gaga could sing. I was really happy coz I think if he listens to more Gaga he might understand me a little better.

When PI released, he actually woke me up and told me Gaga released a new song (which of course I already knew every single words of the Track) I think he is now a secret Stan. He bought a copy of Joanne yesterday when he came home despite there was a severe typhoon in Hong Kong and basically the city was shut down. I was SHOOK. We listened to Joanne non stop since yesterday and it was one of my happiest time with my dad.

I love Joanne, it's giving me hope and love. 

Hey, that's very heartwarming! Good for both of you :hug:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived