Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Celebuzz 'Joanne' Review 'Big Risks, Best Album of Her Career'

boobtank

Featured Posts

Voltaire

"No one is likely to give her credit for it, but Joanne is every bit as musically diverse as Beyoncé‘sLemonade, even if it (deliberately) lacks that album’s overarching narrative and ambitious video component. There will be people who claim her refusal to stick to the genre of music that made her famous is creative desperation. There will be people who don’t get it. There will people who don’t want to get it. She’s going to lose some people along the way, but she’s going to find new people too."

:nails:

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

I could not agree more with this review. I'm hoping for some more positive ones as the weekend goes on.

Voltaire

The greatest musicians, or at least my favorites — PJ Harvey, Björk, David Bowie, and yes, even Madonna — never make the same album twice. They fight endlessly to evolve, challenge themselves, and stay ambitious; they refuse to let themselves become what everyone expects them to be. Five albums in, Gaga is proving herself worthy of that particular pantheon of Rock and Pop Gods. For those of you who want your musicians to keep delivering cleverly-modified versions of their first hits, those pop stars are out there; I can give you a list. For the rest of us, there’s Lady Gaga Joanne.

-----------------------------

I think this author has been saving up these zingers for some of the GGD crew. :toofunny:

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

GagzDonkeyD

:diane:this is the one truly understand and appreciate gaga,they know everything going on with gaga , thx Even though it doesn't count :neyde: 

GagzDonkeyD
6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

"No one is likely to give her credit for it, but Joanne is every bit as musically diverse as Beyoncé‘sLemonade, even if it (deliberately) lacks that album’s overarching narrative and ambitious video component. There will be people who claim her refusal to stick to the genre of music that made her famous is creative desperation. There will be people who don’t get it. There will people who don’t want to get it. She’s going to lose some people along the way, but she’s going to find new people too."

Holy **** is this written by a little monster :reductive:

Either way I'm living it :firega:

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The sad Tea has been spilled with the first sentence  :(

Anastasia

25 minutes ago, boobtank said:

Rating: A-

'Let’s not beat around the bush: Joanne is Lady Gaga’s best album to date and it’s the album that anyone that has paid attention to her career, beyond the club hits and meat dresses, should have been expecting.

:firega:

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Swan Heart
11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This really saddens me but it's true. Joanne is not perfect, yes, but it's full of great songs.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

monsterdino

Let’s not beat around the bush: Joanne is Lady Gaga’s best album to date and it’s the album that anyone that has paid attention to her career, beyond the club hits and meat dresses, should have been expecting.

It is also an album that takes huge risks by eschewing popular sounds in favor of analog instrumentation, classic songwriting motifs, and an incredibly varied palette of sonic inspirations, including country, folk, pop, electronic, soul, glam and ’70s rock. Creatively, Joanne’s risks pay off spectacularly. Commercially? That may be another story.

Grade: A-

Full article: https://t.co/jSu7LhdxvD

Archived