💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Cleveland 'Joanne' Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

boobtank

They gave the album a B+

'Her new album "Joanne" is Gaga's most straightforward album yet, free of all the electronic bells and whistles of her previous albums. It's the antithesis of her bonkers, yet uneven 2013 release "ARTPOP."

On paper, "Joanne" shouldn't be that way. Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse, Bruno Mars) produces most of the tracks. Yet, you wouldn't know it.

Ronson's blissful funk is all but nullified on the rich power pop of "Diamond Heart," and the calming country-folk of the title track. If Ronson's name wasn't in the liner notes, you would never know he was involved.

And that's okay. Gaga mostly holds her own on album that showcases her vocal and songwriting talents more than ever. On "Dancin' in Circles," Gaga channels the Ace of Bass style she showcased on her hit "Alejandro," while "John Wayne" serves as a country anthem about hanging with a cowboy. These are songs whose concepts may be a bit unclear, but are entertaining throughout.'...

LINK: http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/10/lady_gaga_strips_down_musicall.html

ferretti

👏🏻👏🏼👏🏽👏🏾👏🏿 Just read that. I hope they get sucked into meteoritic, ha

disco stick tester, inquire within

Luke78619

B+. I am satisfied with this :golfclap: but why not round it up to an A? :poot:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

GagzDonkeyD
Just now, kevinthesheep said:

:saladga:please please please contribute to that metacritic score which i'm so incredibly salty about:saladga:

No it doesn't:saladga: 

Quartz

You won't know Bloodpop produced it too if it wasn't written. The three of them are respectively traversing new territory.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Mister Gaga
4 minutes ago, boobtank said:

If Ronson's name wasn't in the liner notes, you would never know he was involved.

no lies detected tbh..

GagaXCupcakke

How is John Wayne a country anthem? :saladga: 

I really think these reviewers just read the song titles and don't even listen to the music. 

Archived