Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne isn't Country. Joanne is Classic 70's Rock.

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

Granted, I've only heard a few of the leaked tracks so far.... Joanne, Come to Mama, A-Yo... 

I feel very strongly that this album stands best next to classic 70s rock albums, like Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, Nick Drake & Fleetwood Mac (thanks @PunkTheFunk)... With the focus on singer-songwriter music. I don't see this as putting her into a specific GENRE, as much as landing her next to a canon of classic rock. 

I think this is actually a brilliant move, artistically, because it positions her far to the left-field of what is currently popular in the pop music industry, and makes her music IMMEDIATELY more likeable to millions of potential new fans, who will FINALLY relate to and get Gaga as a vocalist / artist / performer. 

I'm pretty blown away actually, and feel safe saying that this is going to be her best album to date, and by far her most well regarded by critics and mainstream culture. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wahkeenasitka
1 minute ago, GrigioBoys said:

Country or not, John Wayne makes me c*m in my pants

haven't heard that one yet...

I've heard only a handful of songs, but I agree.

If anything, there could be a hint of classic country as well, but definitely not contemporary/pop country, imo.

3 points in and ready for more

crybrowz

The only country-ish vibes I get are Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer (maybe a little bit on A-Yo). And I would argue those are all definitely pop songs, just with a country influence.

melodichard
2 minutes ago, FreeAsMyARTPOP said:

The only country-ish vibes I get are Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer (maybe a little bit on A-Yo). And I would argue those are all definitely pop songs, just with a country influence.

Yeah. There are country vibes, but this is definitely a pop record at heart. People who are claiming its country have no idea what they talking about. 

20 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

it's country and pretty unexciting for me at least 

Then move on. No need to hate on an amazing album. :whitney: :lana:

fa814e8538fa5b1fd72137a6d02347ea.gif

ryhanna

Agreed! There might be some slight country influences, but a majority of the album gives me exactly the vibes you mentioned! 

melodichard
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Joanne has Fleetwood Mac written all over it :diane:

Fleetwood Mac :rockstar::wub:

MJHolland
3 minutes ago, VANTABLACK said:

Bye 

Clown-Waving-Hand-And-Says-Goodbye-Anima

5 minutes ago, Drew Jeremy said:

Then move on. No need to hate on an amazing album. :whitney: :lana:

fa814e8538fa5b1fd72137a6d02347ea.gif

I'm sorry when did I say I hated it?

I'm actually allowed to give an opinion believe it or not

hoeslay

To me most of the album DOESN'T give Country vibes. Maybe 3 songs are country INFLUENCED. Anyone who thinks this album is country needs to read a book or educate themselves in one way another because most of Joanne is far from it

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived