Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"A-YO" Released As Promo Single

Dawson

Featured Posts

PerfectGypsy
Just now, JGD said:

Wait a few minutes.  New releases tend to do that for pre-ordered albums.

Ok thanks

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Emigrante said:

but it is pop :duck::duck::duck:

I guess I'm wrong. I just hear nothing but country. That's all I hear. Way more country than anything off 1989. Could someone do a poll? And is that a snake in your avatar?

TArL

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Tarl69gp said:

I had never heard that song before but just listened to it and I can seriously hear similarities. So I'm alone in thinking this song is too country to enjoy? Not people who enjoy country music, for those like me that have a serious distaste for it. Bad thing is, I live in the south!

TArL

Too bad. I'm glad I enjoy all types of music: country, rap, opera, pop, R&B, jazz, blues, bluegrass, rock, musicals, classical, alternative, disco, etc,etc. I think that's why I'll love this album.

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Tarl69gp said:

And is that a snake in your avatar?

Yes It's MØ, danish singer playing on Eve from garden of Eden archetype on her new music video. :D

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

HaveAnOysterBBy
15 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

Glad it wasn't an actual single

Remember when do what u want sold well and Became an actual single :reductive:

monsterdino
19 minutes ago, Tarl69gp said:

Ugh! This song literally stimulated my gag reflex! And people want this to be an official single? As in this is the best to offer from "Joanne"! I'm so upset. Waited 3 years for this and she still calls it pop. 

TArL

96975_original.png

1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

Yes It's MØ, danish singer playing on Eve from garden of Eden archetype on her new music video. 

Cool deal, I have a passion for snakes. I looked it up and it's a rat snake. Thanks!

TArL

Emigrante
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Too bad. I'm glad I enjoy all types of music: country, rap, opera, pop, R&B, jazz, blues, bluegrass, rock, musicals, classical, alternative, disco, etc,etc. I think that's why I'll love this album.

Hmm is country music the genre that is disliked by many Americans? Like something native but cringeworthy? (I know many people enjoy it, I'm just asking cause in my country there is a total cringeworhy 'native' kind of music that is horrible)

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

monsterdino
Just now, Tarl69gp said:

Cool deal, I have a passion for snakes. I looked it up and it's a rat snake. Thanks!

TArL

96975_original.png

lavenderblondee

I'm probably the biggest hater of country music, and I LOVED Joanne. I have no idea how people keep saying it's a country album. :emma: It is 111110% a pop at it's core, with influences from MANY genres, all genres Gaga has never really dove into before. Yes, A-yo and John Wayne are definitely the two "country esque" song on the album, but to me still feel like a pop song.

1 minute ago, monsterdino said:

96975_original.png

My bad. It was just a serious reaction and I should have considered it might make others who enjoy the song a little upset. But there was a physical response to the song, which happens when I'm in a setting and can't get away from country music. Her voice sounds amazing but I'll need a total rework remix of the song before I think I'll enjoy it. Maybe I can condition myself to enjoy it? But it never happened with "You and I". But at the same time, everyone here likes every Gaga song?

TArL

MaryJaneHolland
23 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Because PI flopped and ruined her radio momentum

-XIu12.gif

You're right. DIC will slay radios tbh

-XIu12.gif

21 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

reductive :reductive:

tumblr_nlacaeNdGR1qkraq4o1_500.gif

wahkeenasitka

Methinks the Haus of Gaga is choosing the wrong songs to put out first. It's like they're intentionally choosing the weakest songs to release first. A-Yo is good, and so is Million Reasons, but they should not have been released in advance of the album. I think this was a bad marketing move.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, Emigrante said:

Hmm is country music the genre that is disliked by many Americans? Like something native but cringeworthy? (I know many people enjoy it, I'm just asking cause in my country there is a total cringeworhy 'native' kind of music that is horrible)

I think out of all of the main genres (country, top 40/pop, rap), it tends to receive a some negativity based on stereotypes. Of course all genres do too. It's definitely a very popular genre though. That's why country music has like 3-4 primetime awards shows in the US. 

It does tend to have a different sound from Top 40 though. Out of all the genres, country is normally the one left out on mainstream radio. There are many reasons to like or not like it I guess. 

I wouldn't call country "native" though. It's basically pop/rock music if all the backing instrumentals were actually being played live rather than made in the studio. Above all it is a very traditional genre, but lately artists have been making strides to incorporate other styles of music in their sounds. For example, Little Big Town, Carrie Underwood, and Keith Urban tend to have more obvious pop sounds in their music.

Archived