Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Sinner's Prayer" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

So my poor heart was broken by the admin who deleted my thread about this brilliant song :cryga:

So i wish... that the Sinner Prayer's tempo in the studio version will be as slow , deep and chill as the live version . Also , i want the intro with only Gaga's deep voice and guitar like the live version and then BOOM the bass goes in , i was so amazed and did not expect the bass to go right after the " gold" part when seeing the dive bar . In conclusion , i wish the studio version was only the high-quality version of the previous one  ( plus the bridge of course ) 

It would have been the second " Space Oddity " if she did that tho:toofunny: 

I wish I wish she could go back ...one time and rerecord the song omg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jajagaga1896

I happen to enjoy this song, actually! I like the folksy aspect and that main guitar sound, I think it is... 

i'm listening to it right now and it's one of my favorite songs on the album, the intro of the song is amazing, it's so chill

misunderstood

This song is the song that has to grow on me the most 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Interesting to see so many people think this is the best song on the album. I love the style of the song, and the melody is great.

Only issue I have is how Gagas voice wavers in parts. I guess that's apart of the fragility and intimacy of the song. But when her singing hangs in her throat (when she stays in that lower register / tone) - her voice wavering kind of grates on me.

100% subjective tho, and down to personal taste. I know I'm in the minority on this one. Same with Diamond Heart. Another song that is being praised and I agree 100% the actual songs are brilliant. Just something not clicking with me on the vocal side of things.

The guitar is amazing on this song. And the vocal part is only in the chorus section. Rest is fine.

10 hours ago, giskardsb said:

this song is being massively underrated by the fanbase.  It's seriously brilliant.

THIS, THIS, AND THIS

Spoiler

AND THIS

GagaTheExplorer

the instrumental of this song is very very similar to a Colombian song Called Baracunatana

it's too funny I can't help myself to imagine Lady Gaga singing Baracunatana

Guitar riffs give me Beatles Vibes and I really got an  American Pie feeling from one of the lyrics.

The most country song on the album imo. But more like older Johnny Cash country, not this recent **** that I hate. Lol 

One of my faves

OliverViennese

I have to share something.

First things first - Sinner's Prayer was a love at first listen-song for me. When Gaga performed it @ DiveBar I was so hooked as soon as the song took off with those "bass riffs"(do you call them that?).

The first time I listened to Joanne (the album) in full I did so with my mother. It was really me playing it in our living room, while she was there reading a book. She mostly kept on reading with giving small remarks like: Oh, this is a ballad, it's quite nice (Joanne), she sings very well, the songs on this are really good (Million Reasons and others). When Sinner's Prayer came on I (like I did with Gaga performing @ DiveBar) instantly really got into it and sang along a little. My mother put the book down for a minute and looked at me saying: "This has some really interesting harmonies, doesn't it? This is such an interesting song."

Later when I put Joanne (album) on another time as soon as John Wayne came on I said: "Love this. My second favorite song maybe" - she was just like: "Uhm hm". Then when Sinner's Prayer came on I proclaimed: "Well THIS is may favorite thou. It's just perfection!" - she was like "Oh, I was so surprised when you mentioned the other one to be your favorite" - "SECOND favorite, THIS is my favorite!" - "Oh I see, yeah mine too!"

The same day I played it with just my dad in the living room - when Sinner's Prayer came on he said: "I guess that this could be her really big hit!"

I know that you can influence other people's reception of music e.g. by humming, headbanging or singing along and really getting into a song - so maybe it doesn't really that much, but... Sinner's Slayer is really slaying half my family. And it was so interesting for them to compliment this song individually, not just to agree on something (although like I said - maybe me singing along helped).

Well at least for me personally (and my parents apparently/surprisingly) Sinner's Prayer is a real triumph!

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived