Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Radio is the problem with Pop

giskardsb

Featured Posts

memomemome

well you can blame spotify too :stalkga:

I mean that top hits playlist is hand-picked right? :stalkga:

but whatever, I can listen whatever I want now with streaming. that's what aux is for :music:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boyboi12 said:

Do people really still listen to the radio :nails:

I only listen in the car but I should really sync up my phone to the car because I spend so much time flipping through the stations which is a distraction. Mainly I end up on either the 80s channel or the other one that plays 90s-00s stuff like Aaliyah.

51 minutes ago, memomemome said:

well you can blame spotify too :stalkga:

I mean that top hits playlist is hand-picked right? :stalkga:

but whatever, I can listen whatever I want now with streaming. that's what aux is for :music:

Yes payola has infected streaming therefore creating inequality in even that. I hate playlists. I truly think of Spotify as Sweden's version of iHeartRadio. It feels like a scam. If I have enough money I can buy any artist's tracks on to top playlists. Labels are spending money by paying for this so that Spotify can then pay them back in streaming revenue. It sounds like a pyramid scheme. Does that even make sense to anyone because it doesn't to me.

AlexanderLevi2

Public radio is the way to go :classy:

Minnesota's The Current is perfection :golfclap:

Currently listening to Joanne

Lord Temptation

Radio only cares about advertising revenues. Radio only cares about promo. Radio does not care about artists. Radio does not care about youth. It only cares about the old farts in the next boardroom meeting.

Archived