💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

TWENTY ØNE PILØTS (megapost)

SpookyKid

Featured Posts

SpookyKid

As some people don't know much about them other than Stressed Out, Ride and Heathens, I'm making this post to hopefully show some light on all their work :)

OPfUFPK.png

Twenty One Pilots is an American musical duo originating from Columbus, Ohio.

The band was formed in 2009 by college friends Tyler Joseph, Nick Thomas and Chris Salih.

Tyler came up with the band's name while studying All My Sons by Arthur Miller, a play about a man who must decide what is best for his family after causing the death of twenty-one pilots during World War II because he knowingly sent them faulty parts for the good of his business. Tyler explains that this story of moral dilemma was the inspiration for the name of the band.

Their lyrics mostly feature Tyler Joseph's insecurities and his fight with depression.

59-atxl1.jpg

On 2011, due to busy schedules, Nick Thomas and Chris Salih left the band, and Josh Dun became the new drummer.

twenty-one-pilots-2014-mtv-movie-awards-

DvFeATa.png

Tyler Joseph

ce8bb8cc-9bd0-4375-8be0-860d8a101646.gif

-Singing

-Piano

-Songwriting

-Ukelele

-Synths

Josh Dun

3f8249ba-4176-43ab-8bbb-8b77cae72a93.gif

-Drumming

-Trumpets

VplO9ub.png

twenty | one | pilots (self-titled) 

(2009)

Tyler Joseph, Nick Thomas and Chris Salih

tumblr_static_f1xpmsi76vk8s8o0044gggg84.

On December 29, 2009, they released their debut, self-titled album, Twenty One Pilots, and began touring Ohio.

Tracklist:

(click the song name to listen to it)

Implicit Demand For Proof

Fall Away

The Pantaloon

Addict With A Pen

Friend, Please

March To The Sea

Johnny Boy

Oh, Ms Believer

Air Catcher

Trapdoor

A Car, A Torch, A Death

Taxi Cab

Before You Start Your Day

Isle Of Flightless Birds

OPfUFPK.png

Regional At Best

(2011)

Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun

ad2b9088f41a26e6f1b1678b38dfc41c.1000x10

Their second self-release, Regional at Best, was released July 8, 2011 with the new lineup consisting of only Joseph and Dun. The album was accompanied by a free CD release show on the grounds of New Albany High School. In November 2011, they played a sold out show at Columbus' Newport Music Hall attracting the attention of a dozen record labels.

Tracklist:

Guns For Hands

Holding On To You

Ode To Sleep

Slowtown

Car Radio

Forest

Glowing Eyes

Kitchen Sink (feat. Zack Joseph, Tyler's brother)

Anathema

Lovely

Ruby

Trees

Be Concerned (feat. Jocef)

Clear

OPfUFPK.png

Vessel

(2012)

top-vesselalbumcover_1.jpg

Although many labels fought over the band, it was ultimately decided that they would sign to the Atlantic Records subsidiary label Fueled by Ramen.

It was released January 8, 2013 and reached No. 21 on the Billboard 200, No. 9 on the Digital Albums chart, No. 17 on the Internet Albums chart, No. 15 on the Rock Albums Chart and No. 10 on the Alternative Albums Chart.

The two elderly men pictured on the album cover are Joseph and Dun's grandfathers. The pair did it to see what the label's reaction was and when the label said yes the group said "Okay, maybe this is going to work!". 

In an interview, Joseph spoke on the meaning behind the album's name, saying that a vessel (our body) is an object carrying something far more important than the outer shell, and when we die, that is set free and lives on.

As they where signed, they reworked some of the songs on Regional At Best and composed new ones for Vessel

Tracklist:

Ode To Sleep

Holding On To You

Migraine

House Of Gold

Car Radio

Semi-automatic

Screen

The Run And Go

Fake You Out

Guns For Hands

Trees

Truce

OPfUFPK.png

Blurryface

(2015)

twenty-one-pilots-fairly-local-2015-1400

Album Artwork Meaning

On March 16, 2015, the band announced that Blurryface was to be released on May 19.

Blurryface was released two days early on May 17, 2015 and sold 134,000 copies in the first week in the United States, becoming the band's first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200.

The album is named after a character the band created called Blurryface. According to Joseph, he "represents all the things that I as an individual, but also everyone around, are insecure about."

Joseph wears black paint on his hands and neck during his live shows and music videos for the album, to represent Blurryface, saying: "Very dramatic, I know, but it helps me get into that character".

Josh Dun represents his anxiety with red paint around his eyes, his "war paint".

Tracklist:

Heavydirtysoul

Stressed Out

Ride

Fairly Local

Tear In My Heart

Lane Boy

The Judge

Doubt

Polarize

We Don't Believe What's On T.V.

Message Man

Hometown

Not Today

Goner

9DPcYln.png

Mostly November Tour (2012)

tumblr_mb2z06784V1rqw7kyo1_500.jpg

Quiet Is Violent World Tour (2014)

10171635_10151980317691148_2001888853180

Blurryface Tour (2015–16)

Blurryface_tour_poster.jpg

Emotional Roadshow World Tour (2016–17)

Emotional_road_show_poster.jpg

wCphm0N.png

They are recognized as well for some of their covers

Jar Of Hearts

Mad World

Can't Help Falling In Love

Cancer

63gw5c1.png

Heathens from Suicide Squad

63gw5c1.png

Tyler Joseph - No Phun Intended

Joseph has had a solo project where he released an album entitled No Phun Intended. The release is still available for listening purposes on his PureVolume account. 

The album was recorded in Joseph's senior year of high school, from 2007–2008, in his basement.

OPfUFPK.png

if you took the time to get to the end, thank you, it took me some time to do this :)

They have literlly saved my life and I hope you can, not necessarily like their music, but apreciate it :wub:

tumblr_neqpfbpvOm1u28yu1o1_500.jpg

YDewjAx.png

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

KinneyUnderYou

@SpookyKid They deserve all of their success. Their songs stand out from the rest of the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. "Heathens" is my favorite song by them. I'm not a fan of their screaming in songs. Other than that, they're great artists. Wish them the continued success! :D Thank you for taking your time to arrange this. :happy:

SpookyKid
Just now, KinneyUnderYou said:

@SpookyKid They deserve all of their success. Their songs stand out from the rest of the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. "Heathens" is my favorite song by them. I'm not a fan of their screaming in songs. Other than that, they're great artists. Wish them the continued success! :D Thank you for taking your time to arrange this. :happy:

thanks for reading :hug: They have fought so much, that it makes me happy that they are getting recognition :nick:

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, SpookyKid said:

thanks for reading :hug: They have fought so much, that it makes me happy that they are getting recognition :nick:

I first discovered Heathens through my radio station. They played the Top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100. I was going to the beach, and I wanted to listen to the radio. I saw them actually playing the rest of the chart. When they played the songs, "Heathens" just stood out to me. My favorite song by them! :diane:

SpookyKid
1 minute ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

I first discovered Heathens through my radio station. They played the Top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100. I was going to the beach, and I wanted to listen to the radio. I saw them actually playing the rest of the chart. When they played the songs, "Heathens" just stood out to me. My favorite song by them! :diane:

its really an awesome song :woohoo: you should check their first album, it's my favorite by them, and it doesn't feature that screaming that you dont like :grr: (jk)

SpookyKid
Just now, Kesha said:

I love TØP I have some of their merch if it wasn't for stressed out I wouldn't know them

love stressed out :woohoo:

Love them.

Blurryface is their best work, followed by Vessel and then Regional at Best and self-titled are tied.

Glad they are receiving the success they deserve. Hoping they snatch some grammys. I really want to see them live.

Been a fan since the Holding On to You video.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

SpookyKid
4 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Love them.

Blurryface is their best work, followed by Vessel and then Regional at Best and self-titled are tied.

Glad they are receiving the success they deserve. Hoping they snatch some grammys. I really want to see them live.

Been a fan since the Holding On to You video.

yaay :woohoo: I've know them since HOTY too :hug:

8 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

yaay :woohoo: I've know them since HOTY too :hug:

It used to be my favorite song of theirs, still among their top songs but now my favorite is probably something off of Blurryface. The video is great.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

SpookyKid
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

It used to be my favorite song of theirs, still among their top songs but now my favorite is probably something off of Blurryface. The video is great.

It's def. in my top 5, my favorite right now it's Polarize 

1 minute ago, SpookyKid said:

It's def. in my top 5, my favorite right now it's Polarize 

Omg stop lol Polarize has been a favorite of mine since I heard it. It, Hometown, and Message Man make up my top 3 of Blurryface. I always wanted polarize to be a single or at least get a video. 

SpookyKid
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

Omg stop lol Polarize has been a favorite of mine since I heard it. It, Hometown, and Message Man make up my top 3 of Blurryface. I always wanted polarize to be a single or at least get a video. 

Love Hometown :giveup: Message Man is probably my least favorite off Blurryface, but it's still awesome.

My top 3 from Blurryface is probably Polarize, The Judge and Goner

• 3 months later...

ever since i discovered this band, i am so happy and shocked at the same time cuz Tyler and I have the same singing voice, love for music and creative visions. its like he's my alter ego or some sort. im shook tbh 

if i ever made it big, y'all might compare me to him :giggle:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

• 3 weeks later...

Archived