💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Fake Fans"

boyerased

Featured Posts

Born Brave

Fake fans are fans that get high on the success of the music and critical acclaim rather than appreciating the music for its craft and artistry. 

Music is something to be enjoyed on a personal, spiritual level- not on a competitive level so people can rest their heads at nite and say "bitch is the best cause she won this award and stuff". They don't listen to the words in a track other than to scan it for it's "smash potential". or "slay potential". 

Come for me if you want for calling fans fake, but I for one listen to more than just Gaga music on the daily. All genres. It makes me appreciate whatever Gaga chooses to release so im not caught off guard when she pulls a Joanne. Maybe its time people got out of their box and expanded their tastes rather than only eating stale left overs every day. 

Music is also like fashion.. it changes.. what was in may not be in now. It's just too complex for some little minds on here to understand.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born Brave
19 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

It's unfair when people say that if someone "care for the chart", "lingers on the past", or "doesn't like Joanne" then they're a fake fan.

When you grow up with someone, in this case Gaga, you'll never be sure if you'll be satisfied with everything she does. Just like a friend, not every time you'll support their every move. That doesn't make you a fake friend right?

I guess we should practice certain tolerance with criticism, we cannot grow if everything we hear are praises. For those who liked Gaga's evolution with Joanne then good; honestly I for one is excited. But it doesn't mean that any fan who doesn't like the direction she's going is fake, it's just that they fell in love in a different time, when everything is different. Maybe they'll fall out of love with Gaga, but that doesn't mean the dedication they poured in the past years are fake, just because they don't support her latest move.

Now on the subject of charts. I want Gaga on top. Why? It ensures many appearances which equals to more performances. It's nice to hear everyone praise your girl, you'll be proud of her. Lastly, chart success ensures a big tour, and makes the possibilty of her touring our country (The Philippines) bigger. Not everyone is in NA.

I disagree. Madonna has not had chart success in years- but her tours for her lackluster charting albums have been wildly successful. 

And I am more proud of her for stepping out of what everyone expects than I would ever be proud of a manufactured pop piece of ****. There's too much competition on the electropop genre right now. Halsey, Tove Lo (who is about to snatch weaves) Bebe Rexha is coming on strong... Taylor Swift invaded the pop scene and has overthrown everyone...

Plus lets not forget.. in 2011 our beloved Born This Way in all its electronic glory could not match up with 21... why? Because ELECTROPOP was a fad. Everything ends up sounding the same over and over.... 

ImNotBritney
2 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

No, I was just 12 when she started. My ideologies and me accepting my sexuality is something that I somehow owe to her. Do not take it literally.

Ah I see, makes sense. 

ctherainbow

There's a difference between:

*Doesn't like the new sound/look, and may mention this, but does so respectfully*

and

*Is an asshole, calls the genres she's experimenting with "annoying", and bitches incessantly about how they'd like her to make her music/image*

If anyone is being that second type of fan, I'll fight them.  And if anyone is calling that first type of fan "fake", I'll fight them, too. :grr:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

boyerased
1 minute ago, Justinn said:

I disagree. Madonna has not had chart success in years- but her tours for her lackluster charting albums have been wildly successful. 

She tours by her name alone. She can sell out stadiums because of her immense legacy. The same couldn't be said for gaga. She'll be remembered. But Madonna has the nostalgia factor.

djBuffoon

It's also unfair to claim that people who love this new direction are apologists who love everything Gaga does. But that hasn't stopped a lot of users here from doing just that. :reductive: 

boyerased
1 minute ago, ctherainbow said:

There's a difference between:

*Doesn't like the new sound/look, and may mention this, but does so respectfully*

and

*Is an asshole, calls the genres she's experimenting with "annoying", and bitches incessantly about how they'd like her to make her music/image*

If anyone is being that second type of fan, I'll fight them.  And if anyone is calling that first type of fan "fake", I'll fight them, too. :grr:

I agree with this one. 

Born Brave
2 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

She tours by her name alone. She can sell out stadiums because of her immense legacy. The same couldn't be said for gaga. She'll be remembered. But Madonna has the nostalgia factor.

So I assume you'll be finding another ego boosting drug of an artist when and if Joanne doesn't do so hot commercially? 

Lord Temptation
Just now, djBuffoon said:

It's also unfair to claim that people who love this new direction are apologists who love everything Gaga does. But that hasn't stopped a lot of users here from doing just that. :reductive: 

That actually irritates me more than anything. Like we get that they don't (have to) love everything she does, but why do they have to incessantly scream so? I don't have to love everything Gaga does either but you don't hear me yelling it every time I get the chance.

Stewful2929

Seriously though, why does it matter? Why do people constantly bring this stuff up? If she likes it that is all that matters. It's her art! What is the point of telling her you don't like it? Would you tell a five year old child that drew you a picture you dont like it? Why are people so negative? Why can't she just enjoy what she does? I'm not telling you to like something you don't like, but is it really necessary to put it all over the Internet. Let her be happy and have her moment. 

Ryusei

No it's the people that ONLY care about charts that are the fake fans, the people that are just on the bandwagon of whatever is most popular so they can boast with how popular their "fave" is. The ones that stop being fans just because they don't like one release or because they stop being the most popular. If you don't like the music it's smth different 

Musery

Phoenix

people here are too delusional.

you can't say you don't like one thing about Gaga, they attack you like piranhas.

I have an opinion unlike them.

💎

Lord Temptation
Just now, Phoenix said:

people here are too delusional.

you can't say you don't like one thing about Gaga, they attack you like piranhas.

I have an opinion unlike them.

Yes you have an opinion about my opinion.

But I also have an opinion about your opinion about my opinion.

Please don't become the thing you accuse of hating.

djBuffoon
10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

That actually irritates me more than anything. Like we get that they don't (have to) love everything she does, but why do they have to incessantly scream so? I don't have to love everything Gaga does either but you don't hear me yelling it every time I get the chance.

Because you have enough respect for her to express your opinion with tact.

Phoenix
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Yes you have an opinion about my opinion.

But I also have an opinion about your opinion about my opinion.

Please don't become the thing you accuse of hating.

I won't don't worry. 

It's okay not to like everything Gaga releases. I know it's annoying when some people hate constantly on her work and just put out their opinion in a bad way that it comes of as rude, but it's even more annoying when people attack others for not liking something that Gaga did or released. Being her fan doesn't mean you have to follow and like every single thing she does. 

💎

Archived