[?] died on the street
By the church where we used to meet
Angel down, angel down
But the people just stood around
I'm a believer, it's a trial, foolish and weaker
Although I'd rather see an angel down

:( 

Also the melodies remind me so much of take me to church :giveup:

It it could just  definetly be just a metaphor but Listening to the lyrics can't help thinking about how we are just shooting eachother down standing around . This will probably be my favorite song form Joanne it gave me a mental picture in my head that no other song has and I've only heard a snippet .

I thought the same thing lol. Glad to see I'm not the only one. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Duella Dvil

I was gonna make this thread when the song came out. 

I was gonna post it and just all the victims of every shooting since sandy hooke i can find.

We have a problem.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

The Surrealist

I think it's about someone who is suffering but the people don't help that person.

PaperIz
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

I think it's about someone who is suffering but the people don't help that person.

Yeah it made me think of the ARTPOP era in that way

AnglerfishbraBENUS

NO! it's about how she'd rather do the right thing, than follow everyone else.  She'd rather write Born This Way, instead of Teenage Dream etc. ja feel??

Slayer

All I know is that snippet makes me think this could legitimately be one of her best songs ever.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Morphine Prince
7 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I thought it was an allusion to the beginning of the G.U.Y. video.

gaga-arrow.gif

Same! This immediately came to my mind. 

Erich Johnson
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

All I know is that snippet makes me think this could legitimately be one of her best songs ever.

everything will depend of the song choir, but I can foresee a huge hook snatching the second verse

i'm so excited for the full song

Letmelivemylife

Yet another song that will hit home for me if it is about recent shootings. I have several very close friends in Orlando that I went to college with. I'll never forget that text from my oldest sister telling me I needed to check the news. It was the most surreal experience . I lived through 9/11 and I thought that was traumatizing enough. It didn't even come close to the sheer panic I felt not being able to get a hold of my friends for 12 hours. I hate to be morbid but I honestly started looking through my closet to see if I had clothes suitable for a funeral because I thought the worst had happened to them. When I finally got texts from them, I don't think I've cried so hard in my life. It really reminded me that life is incredibly fragile and we play Russian roulette every single day

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Archived