Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joanne Snippets

ghs

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Wisdomless1 said:

Okay I give up, someone please PM me these!

:)

Check some post on the 117th  page of this thread

If I like it, then that's what I get!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
On 10/11/2016 at 1:37 PM, Britney Spears said:

They are not FANTASTIC in any way.They are cute but average

When she says "girl friend" and the drums hit I die. I always imagine banging the steering wheel if I were driving haha

boneknuckleskin

Just as I suspected, Diamond Heart slays :classy:

Actually, a few of these are pretty good. Miles better than PI. 

ElectrikUniCorn

My friend (who was a fan during TF and TFM eras) listened to the snippets, PI and MR:
he didn't like PI but he's totally in love with Million Reasons, he even started to sing the lyrics!!

about the snippets: He dances while listening to John Wayne and Come To Mama. He likes Dancin' in Circles and Angel Down. He said that Angel Down reminds him of Christmas songs :huh:. He thinks Just Another Day is so cute.

He told me that this is so different from her previous work and he wants to buy the album :whitney:

• 1 year later...
nath4gaga
On 10/7/2016 at 1:27 PM, nath4gaga said:

1. Diamond Heart

I think what we hear is prechorus if not the drop is a little disappointing but it's got a good melody. Sick beat, will be great to bop to in concert! 8/10

2. A-YO

MANiCURE 2.0/ Shake it off beat, really powerful vocals, will be great live and this is totally coming to scalp the gp in the charts if it's a single (as long as the shake it off comparison is avoided mostly.) Love her sultry vocals in this one too, real contrast within the song. Excellent example of good songwriting. 9.5/10

3. Joanne

I ****ing love this song I can't tell you, it's so removed from anything she's done so far. Very folky and 60s, I could absolutely hear Joni Mitchell singing this (which I love.) Very serene backing and strong supported vocals that carry the song. 10/10 PERFECT

4. John Wayne

Mary Jane Holland 2.0 I'm living for that guitar motif. Not sure how I feel about the melody line at points but that build up omg, I could totally bop to this. It would do really well as a theme tune to like a classy bad-ass action movie. 9/10

5. Dancin' in Circles

"Trying to rub the pain out" girl, you know me too well :toofunny:. I'm so intrigued by this song, would do so well commercially, really great melody, I'm gonna love the spoken section of this. I love the aaaaahs. Such a bop, could pole dance to this <3 Also definitely shakira vibes (think it's the beat)!! 9.5/10

6. Sinner's Prayer

Probably one of the more country songs, it's filled with hooks, literally every second is a hook. I really like it, the melody is quite interesting. Johnny Cash could definitely have sang it. I'm gonna love it. 9/10

7. Come to Mama

Kinda doo-wop motown vibes, I'm loving it cos I've always love this style. I resent the Meghan Trainor comparisons because she was definitely not the first to pioneer this style and it's watered down but I can understand when that's people's frame of reference. If anyone has heard the song Mama, I'm a big girl now from Hairspray, it's kinda got a similar vibe. 9/10

8. Hey Girl

Their vocals are really on point, but I'm not a massive fan of the beat. The snippet just finishes as I'm really getting into it. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it but I can't make a massive judgement about it yet. Backing is somewhat lacking in this snippet. 6.5/10

9. Angel Down

I love the way the melody meanders, reminds me a bit of a worship song from someone's religious album. Though it is still really lovely, i'm looking forward to listening to the rest of the song. Strong vocals as always. Some good hooks in there, I love it the more I listen to it.  8/10

10. Grigio Girls

Quite country, not a big fan of the beat again but when the ooohooah's come in I like it. Not much to say about this one, hope I enjoy the full length one more. 6/10

11. Just Another Day

Quite catchy, really nice little number and lovely and old school. Wonderfully polite and cute, love this song. 9/10

Wow how my opinion has changed 😂

Edit: didn't realise this was a news and events post so noe I'm in the sh*t sorry! 

• Bear locked this topic

Archived