💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Taylor Swift have a bigger legacy than Lady Gaga?

CLLGaga

Featured Posts

Redstreak
2 minutes ago, CLLGaga said:

Name one iconic Stevie Wonder iconic performance :toofunny:

Thank you for being such a bright light <3

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rockets

nah, she may be huge right now but she's too basic to make a real impact 

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

AlexanderLevi2
18 minutes ago, CLLGaga said:

Name one iconic Stevie Wonder performance :toofunny:

Ok but he's also iconic for other reasons than sales :oprah:

If I go back and watch a Stevie performance, I know it'll be good. Whenever I see a TSwift performance, I know it'll sound like a screeching cat.

Don't get me wrong.... I bought 1989. I just think she is VERY overrated when she really offers nothing.

Currently listening to Joanne

Ferrer Zorola

let's be objective:
Even if you want it / trust it or not, Gaga will eventually be considered a legend. Taylor will never since people know she's all business and zero pipes. 

LIFE IS GOOD

StrawberryBlond

In America, perhaps. But worldwide, no way, particularly if she doesn't do as well commercially as she did with 1989. But will she be one of the most respected legends? Unlikely, considering she has never actually done anything new or pushed herself artistically. She just delivers basic talent. She can sing, but her voice is average at best. She can play instruments, but only basically. She can write songs, but they're again, average at best. The most respected legends are the ones who really pushed themselves, who had outstanding talent. Nothing about Taylor is outstanding. If she sticks with this popstar persona, she'll definitely be struggled to be respected later in life because pop can be very limiting in most people's minds, it's seen as a sell-out move, a thing basic people do if they're not more talented to do another kind of music. That may be wrong, but that's how a lot of people view it. But if she stuck to country, that will ensure she's respected as that genre just holds more weight in that way. But Gaga does everything Taylor cannot and is even better at the talents that she does have. She has also proven that she can do pretty much any genre with ease. Her vast support from multiple legends has ensured that she'll be respected for years to come. Plus, she has much more worldwide impact that Taylor, many more millions to respect her.

Honestly, even if I weren't a Gaga fan, I could still say objectively that she's the more talented one. There is nothing about Taylor that trumps what Gaga can do. Literally nothing. Gaga's Superbowl performance will be her chance to show the world why she deserves the bigger legacy and I hope she takes this opportunity with both hands.

gagaisitalian

For sure...Taylor has been doing stadium tours since her third album and Gaga can't fill an arena anymore.

I love both girls but look at the facts:

-Taylor sells more albums than Gaga

-Taylor sells more concert tickets than Gaga

-Taylor has more Grammys than Gaga

-Taylor has more social media followers than Gaga

-Taylor has a larger fan base than Gaga

I just can't stand that some people are so subjective and truly think Gaga is more legendary than Taylor. Just because Gaga is remembered for doing crazy things like the meat dress or the egg doesn't make her a legend. 

gagaisitalian
18 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

In America, perhaps. But worldwide, no way, particularly if she doesn't do as well commercially as she did with 1989. But will she be one of the most respected legends? Unlikely, considering she has never actually done anything new or pushed herself artistically. She just delivers basic talent. She can sing, but her voice is average at best. She can play instruments, but only basically. She can write songs, but they're again, average at best. The most respected legends are the ones who really pushed themselves, who had outstanding talent. Nothing about Taylor is outstanding. If she sticks with this popstar persona, she'll definitely be struggled to be respected later in life because pop can be very limiting in most people's minds, it's seen as a sell-out move, a thing basic people do if they're not more talented to do another kind of music. That may be wrong, but that's how a lot of people view it. But if she stuck to country, that will ensure she's respected as that genre just holds more weight in that way. But Gaga does everything Taylor cannot and is even better at the talents that she does have. She has also proven that she can do pretty much any genre with ease. Her vast support from multiple legends has ensured that she'll be respected for years to come. Plus, she has much more worldwide impact that Taylor, many more millions to respect her.

Honestly, even if I weren't a Gaga fan, I could still say objectively that she's the more talented one. There is nothing about Taylor that trumps what Gaga can do. Literally nothing. Gaga's Superbowl performance will be her chance to show the world why she deserves the bigger legacy and I hope she takes this opportunity with both hands.

You use the word objective but this is the most subjective post I've seen.

lavenderblondee

I don't think she'll have a legacy. That's not the right word for it. Yes, her music will probably be known as the top bops of this decade, etc etc, but legacy is something entirely different. She hasn't done anything for the evolution of pop music or anything that makes her stand out. Will she keep making bopping music and stay successful for a while? Sure. But, the only reason she's well known outside her music is that she is known to have a problem with keeping quiet after a break up/dramatic event and has plenty of famous exes. Probably not something she wants to be remembered by, but that's the only thing that stands out when people think about her, I'd think.

ArtGagaPop

Well atm moment i think Gaga will be rembered more in the long run since she is known for so much more than her music. Like the fashion, her music videos, Both her peformance that showcase her crazy talent (national anthem, Oscars etc) but also the shocking ones with crazy imagary (vma paparazzi), and since lately also her diversety in music along with acting. Also her music is more diffrent than what taylor and the other pop stars around her do, something i think make it more memorable then just another radio song. I have even seen Gaga mention in school multiple times in books and presentations with no sign of other pop stars from this age. 

While taylor might be more susscesful atleast in recent years (since she started to do pop basiclly) she is not really talked about other than her music and how many guys she dates. 

21 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

what kind of impact does she have? :air:

First person to win 2 grammys for AOTY and the biggest maneater in hollywood :awesome: 

Archived