💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Please respect country music

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Toph said:

I ****ing love the OP for posting Fancy. That song SLAYS.

It's my all-time favorite country song. :giveup: :air:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KinneyUnderYou

I have no intentions nor love for Country music. I am not that person who is going to buy a country record. Although, I have listened to country music, but I am not a major fan. It pleases me. It's a golden sound. Artists who have the ability to sing country music are special. I have huge respect for it.

Lol people saying that Taylor Swift is country make me laugh :giggle:

She was never country. She writes Top 40 pop songs and plays them with guitar and banjo.

Tbh 1989 was just like her old stuff with a different arrangement. I don't know why people even consider it "change of genre"

and btw when Gaga saying that Joanne is rock/country/... inspired pop, I am starting to think that some tracks might sound like a Red era Taylor Swift.:reductive:

Sister

I will just agree not to discuss it. I can do that as long as something completely cringy does not happen and I do not imagine that happening with Lady Gaga / Joanne. I am very close with a completely country fan and I just never remark on it.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

YeehawKylie

The only country she should do on this album is a ballad a la Forever and for Always by Shania Twain. Or an iconic anthem of hers like Man! I Feel Like a Woman

whore

This is the toughest thing anyone has ever asked me to do :giveup: I'll try but I can't make any promises :madge:

Spoiler

JK I grew up with country music so I'll always have my favorites, but most country music makes me cringe, especially if it's really southern. I grew up with most of what you mentioned ("Jolene," "9 To 5," "Hello Darlin'" (my whole family bawls to this song because it's played at everyone's funerals), and "Ring Of Fire"), as well as this classic:

Zilla

If anything, praise Luke Bryan and his dance moves :sharon:

giphy.gif

no jk I love Dolly, Luke (for the music)..... and I'm not from the midwest. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

DeanWinchester

Creedence Clearwater Counts right? Lynyrd Skynyrd? Because I love those :rockstar:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Poissonche
47 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think your use of the genre and others are differnet. If you say "Oh, I love pop music" No one is going to assume you're talking about the 70's and 80's pop hits. New-age country, or basiclly the **** variation of country, has ruined the word, so when people say "I don't like country" they aren't talking about the music in the OP, or even some great decades past work:

Exactly. Most country music we're exposed too is not very original and autotuned. And I know, sometimes I make stereotypical jokes about country music and its trucks and beers and chickens, but I mean, it's not like I'm inventing it:

luke-bryan-heres-to-the-farmer-ep-cover.

:sharon:

But people like Dolly Parton or Johnny Cash make very good music that I love.

blackcoffee

I love country too! While not my favorite, I do really enjoy it. I grew up listening and singing along to classic rock, classic pop, and country music (thanks mom and dad). Old, classic country...man, it's just amazing! I also am not into the more bro-country of nowadays, but great country music is still being made (The Civil Wars are one of my favorites and then Little Big Town 😍 and Kacey Mugraves!). Alt-country is great too!

I actually really, really love indie folk and Americana that is definitely country influenced. Someone mentioned First Aid Kit the other day and 😍 Lord Huron is one of my favorite artist and I can only dream of Gaga performing with some of that sound.  Like I would love if Joanne had some of this. 

Really, all his stuff is fantastic! Check it out on YouTube and Spotify 

RAMROD

I listened to some country, when I was living with parents when I was younger, I had to listen to Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell, Shania Twain, and Billy Gilman with my walkman because although my Dad was born and raised in Kansas City, he hated country music to the bone. He can't wait to get to Uni and moved out of there and he did. He love California so much, spent his bachelor life between San Fran and San Diego. He was more Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Toto, Dianna Ross, Donna Summer, Shalamar, Madonna and such.

His older brother, my uncle, were the one who enjoyed country music. I might pick it up from him, I guess. 

However, I don't listen to all, just some that I really like. Some other just a bot to twangy or do depressive to hear.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived