news

Gaga Live with Carson Daly at 97.1 AMP tomorrow

Paper Gangsta

Featured Posts

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle

It's funny how she went from delivering a mediocre vocal performance to delivering her best vocals ever in a reprise 5 minuted after

littlepotter

WHAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS TOMORROW NOOOO **** YOU GGD AND YOUR ****ING THREAD TITLES

chaeri pls

djBuffoon

The reprise does sound much better.  I don't think this song lends itself to a piano version at all. :( It needs that driving beat to off-set the (intentional) repetitiveness of the melody.

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

It's funny how she went from delivering a mediocre vocal performance to delivering her best vocals ever in a reprise 5 minuted after

This.

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

WHAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS TOMORROW NOOOO **** YOU GGD AND YOUR ****ING THREAD TITLES

this. :madge: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

littlepotter

Will somebody stop talking about this reprise and give us a damn link

chaeri pls

LastNight

I've been wanting to hear a piano version of this song so I'm happy she did one, I just wish she had changed the vocals to go along with it. Something softer and more haunting would have been great but the reprise was indeed much better. 

Frankenztein
3 minutes ago, E24187 said:

Oh and the word reprise is pronounced re-PREEZE, not re-PRIZE. :emma:

It can be pronounced either way. Both are correct. Re-preeze is the more common and modern way to say it, and is the way it's usually said in regards to music. Re-prize is more archaic but not necessarily incorrect. 

calmar
8 minutes ago, Frankenztein said:

It can be pronounced either way. Both are correct. Re-preeze is the more common and modern way to say it, and is the way it's usually said in regards to music. Re-prize is more archaic but not necessarily incorrect. 

I agree. In fact I've never heard it said with an /i:/ until now, although it would be said as such in, e.g., French. It might be influenced by similar words, such as reprisal. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived