Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Changing Music Direction

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

ThatAsianGuy

Taylor Swift and The Weeknd did it and they executed it well .they even had positive reviews from the gp. Ive also checked the comment section of SB mv but i didnt even saw any negative reviews. Gaga did the same too and well not everyone liked it. what do you think might been the problem? Do you think the rock vibe is a mistake? Do you think she should have stayed with pop dance music?

DeanWinchester

Lots of factors. Her detractors will always be there. Her fans became too comfortable with EDM. They may also have hated rock (influences) prior on top of that.

Idk. Most critics enjoyed PI during release. It was mostly fans who trashed the song the most.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Loyalty

No I like the change and there will be even more great music to come.

I think if she does a few TV performances the song will eventually grow on.

zakariah

Taylor & Weeknd changed to pure pop/R&B pop which is accepted universally & is well-received by almost everyone. Gaga switched to Pop/Rock/Disco and not everyone likes rock & its influences, same goes for Disco. So it just depends on musical taste. 

Bradley

#1 Taylor Swift switched from country to pop. Pop is the most dominant genre in the music industry. It is the friendliest in terms of radio airplay, it is catchy, it attracts audience of all demographics, it garners views and awards. She was popular when she was a country star but switching to pop just brought her into the Gaga-Rihanna-Perry field. Gaga switched from pop to rock, which is not totally niche, but sort of 'niche' to pop.

#2 NO, The Weeknd DID NOT change his musical direction. Just because he collaborated with Daft Punk does not make him a disco star right now. Starboy is not bad but it's still so reminiscent of Beauty Behind the Madness. If anything, he only changed his hairstyle.

#3 Are you reading YouTube comments? Stop. Perhaps the only reviews which matter are the critics' reviews, which is mixed-to-positive for Perfect Illusion. Lady Gaga is a pop star, she's got a loyal fanbase, but she's got avid haters as well. The Weeknd is more of a GP-dude, he doesn't have radical fans nor does he have radical haters. Perhaps it's not easy to find a whole site called TheWeekndDaily dedicated to him but people don't become envious when he's successful, whereas Perry fans, Spears fans, Beyonce fans, Rihanna fans, Swift fans are all envious not just when Gaga but whichever female artist is on top. It's the NATURE of female artists' fanbase. It could be the same person spamming hate comments repeatedly, thus creating the #illusion of 'lots of negative reviews' when they come only from the few minority.

I've also read tons of comments like 'Wow she looks beautiful now!' 'I'm not a Gaga fan but I like this musical change'. In fact I think these are more genuine than the hate comments because one comes from genuine opinion, the other comes from envy.

I mean you could find the comments before Gaga supposedly 'changed' her musical direction under Applause's video.

KURUSHITOVSKA

Because Gaga already changed pop music and people were used to her dressing weird and making electropop, now thag she's took another direction, they have to get used to it again, and POPular music nowadays has nothing to do with what's Gaga been doing lately. She changed the music so everyone did electropop, now everyone does another kind of pop music and she doesn't follow that trend. Taylor Swift went from country to pop music when pop already was that way. Perfect Illusion sounds nothing like what This Is What You Came For or Cheap Thrills sound, and they expected that from Gaga

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

ThatAsianGuy
5 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

#1 Taylor Swift switched from country to pop. Pop is the most dominant genre in the music industry. It is the friendliest in terms of radio airplay, it is catchy, it attracts audience of all demographics, it garners views and awards. She was popular when she was a country star but switching to pop just brought her into the Gaga-Rihanna-Perry field. Gaga switched from pop to rock, which is not totally niche, but sort of 'niche' to pop.

#2 NO, The Weeknd DID NOT change his musical direction. Just because he collaborated with Daft Punk does not make him a disco star right now. Starboy is not bad but it's still so reminiscent of Beauty Behind the Madness. If anything, he only changed his hairstyle.

#3 Are you reading YouTube comments? Stop. Perhaps the only reviews which matter are the critics' reviews, which is mixed-to-positive for Perfect Illusion. Lady Gaga is a pop star, she's got a loyal fanbase, but she's got avid haters as well. The Weeknd is more of a GP-dude, he doesn't have radical fans nor does he have radical haters. Perhaps it's not easy to find a whole site called TheWeekndDaily dedicated to him but people don't become envious when he's successful, whereas Perry fans, Spears fans, Beyonce fans, Rihanna fans, Swift fans are all envious not just when Gaga but whichever female artist is on top. It's the NATURE of female artists' fanbase. It could be the same person spamming hate comments repeatedly, thus creating the #illusion of 'lots of negative reviews' when they come only from the few minority.

I've also read tons of comments like 'Wow she looks beautiful now!' 'I'm not a Gaga fan but I like this musical change'. In fact I think these are more genuine than the hate comments because one comes from genuine opinion, the other comes from envy.

I mean you could find the comments before Gaga supposedly 'changed' her musical direction under Applause's video.

Off topic: are you dating Gaga?:hor:

Bradley
Just now, ThatAsianGuy said:

Off topic: are you dating Gaga?:hor:

I believe that's too personal a question. 

Lord Temptation

Gaga is doing the reverse of what they did. Taylor and Weeknd started out as country and r&b and then moved to pop. Hence why the mainstream loved it. Gaga started out as pop but is moving towards rock. Hence why the mainstream is not yet embracing it.

Because Gaga didn't do it well. PI is grating on the ears and sounds like an unfinished demo. There's so many good ideas but the execution is terrible.

Archived