Jump to content
Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Featured Posts

Pietro

“I want every guy’s girlfriend in his arms…I want every husband and wife kissing…every kid laughing." - Lady Gaga (2016), queen of traditional family :toofunny:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noel Sanchez

People like you are the reason this fanbase is ruined constantly picking apart everything the woman does like for Christ sakes it's a figure of speech.  This is why perfect illusion is about her fanbase and the video proves it.  And her disconnect with her fans this era is because of the constant negativity towards everything she does it's like nothing is good enough for you little monsters anymore and I've had it officially!! I know this isn't the place for my rant but you and others like you need to remember she is her own person and does a good job being a respectable person and does give back to the community. THE NIT PICKING HAS TO STOP. If not at least don't call yourselves a fan because that's not what being a fan is.  F U C K 😡😡

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilkSpectre0
11 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't know you well enough to speculate what you are and what you are not, but as long as you are honestly fighting for change and not over-analysing then I won't view you as an SJW. I don't like it when any social cause gets labelled as whiny SJW's every time because some of these causes are genuinely sound. But when I see, for example, campaigns about nonsense like "Ban Bossy," that's when they deserve to be labelled as SJW. Over-analysing, nonsense, over-sensitivity, failure to notice the stuff that actually is worth fighting for. Fighting for social justice is one thing, inventing issues that don't exist and treating everyone else like ignorant fools is quite another. I'm perfectly fine to enter a dialogue...provided it isn't invaded by people who just want to hear their way of thinking and not think outside the box (ironically, what they think they're doing). One of the things SJW's do is attempt to shut down anyone who doesn't like their way of thinking and be utterly hostile, even when no one is attacking them. You can't have a calm, dignified, logical, forward-thinking discussion about social issues when there's SJWs around.

It seems like you're a bit hostile though as you think you're the judge of who is being over sensitive?  You say SJWs try to shut down dialogue but I haven't seen that particularly in this discussion. It's been people saying 'oh you're being too sensitive!' 'You're over analysing' 'oh just shut up about it' who are trying to shut down people who don't Think like them. It's an age old way of shutting down feminist dialogue particularly. If you have actually points that oppose the OP then say them but saying the discussion is unnecessary is just derailing. I don't see you thinking outside the box at all you're trying to shove everyone else's thoughts back in it 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff Koons
9 hours ago, Piera said:

“I want every guy’s girlfriend in his arms…I want every husband and wife kissing…every kid laughing." - Lady Gaga (2016), queen of traditional family :toofunny:

Meesssss

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond
On 05/10/2016 at 8:22 AM, SilkSpectre0 said:

It seems like you're a bit hostile though as you think you're the judge of who is being over sensitive?  You say SJWs try to shut down dialogue but I haven't seen that particularly in this discussion. It's been people saying 'oh you're being too sensitive!' 'You're over analysing' 'oh just shut up about it' who are trying to shut down people who don't Think like them. It's an age old way of shutting down feminist dialogue particularly. If you have actually points that oppose the OP then say them but saying the discussion is unnecessary is just derailing. I don't see you thinking outside the box at all you're trying to shove everyone else's thoughts back in it 

I'm not trying to be hostile, sorry if that's the way you're viewing it. I just aim to tell it like it is - some people just find the truth a bit hard to take. I'm not saying that there's SJWs in this particular conversation, necessarily, I'm talking in general. The reason people are responding with claims of over sensitivity and over analysing is because we're sick of being told to watch everything we say in case a deeper meaning could be construed from it (and there rarely is a deeper meaning) or someone out there might possibly be offended by it. We're also sick of big words like 'sexist' being flung around so casually, especially concerning someone who's clearly not sexist. SJWs aren't helping to heal the world, they're just riling everyone up by not listening to them, treating them like idiots, being obnoxious. Which is annoying when you think you've reached an epiphany about a social issue and then you get shut down because you're not a member of that group so you have no right to criticise or speculate about anything in it (this is what has been happening to me a lot recently - it's why I have to bring up the fact I'm a woman and a feminist constantly to show that I do know what it's like to be part of an oppressed group). It's funny because when it comes to feminism, everyone thinks it's a free-for-all to criticise but when I try to make a criticism within race, for example, I'm not allowed to make it, as I'm not part of that group. The world won't improve if we can't all wade in with our opinions on how to change it and learn to work together.

I haven't said the discussion is unnecessary and left it at that. I wrote a long post about how being afraid to cry is not just a male issue and why. It's more of a human issue that we need to treat better. You'll notice how the OP didn't respond to this and you certainly didn't either. Did you conveniently ignore it or were you just determined to disagree with me? I said something no one else had said, yet you're saying that I'm not thinking outside the box.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilkSpectre0
13 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm not trying to be hostile, sorry if that's the way you're viewing it. I just aim to tell it like it is - some people just find the truth a bit hard to take. I'm not saying that there's SJWs in this particular conversation, necessarily, I'm talking in general. The reason people are responding with claims of over sensitivity and over analysing is because we're sick of being told to watch everything we say in case a deeper meaning could be construed from it (and there rarely is a deeper meaning) or someone out there might possibly be offended by it. We're also sick of big words like 'sexist' being flung around so casually, especially concerning someone who's clearly not sexist. SJWs aren't helping to heal the world, they're just riling everyone up by not listening to them, treating them like idiots, being obnoxious. Which is annoying when you think you've reached an epiphany about a social issue and then you get shut down because you're not a member of that group so you have no right to criticise or speculate about anything in it (this is what has been happening to me a lot recently - it's why I have to bring up the fact I'm a woman and a feminist constantly to show that I do know what it's like to be part of an oppressed group). It's funny because when it comes to feminism, everyone thinks it's a free-for-all to criticise but when I try to make a criticism within race, for example, I'm not allowed to make it, as I'm not part of that group. The world won't improve if we can't all wade in with our opinions on how to change it and learn to work together.

I haven't said the discussion is unnecessary and left it at that. I wrote a long post about how being afraid to cry is not just a male issue and why. It's more of a human issue that we need to treat better. You'll notice how the OP didn't respond to this and you certainly didn't either. Did you conveniently ignore it or were you just determined to disagree with me? I said something no one else had said, yet you're saying that I'm not thinking outside the box.

Yes I read your post. Being a member of an oppressed to up doesn't automatically mean you can't assist in oppressing other subconsciously though. So listen to others it's not that hard.nif someone is telling you they experience something, and you don't, it's your role to listen and not talk over them.  I don't ge your point comparing feminism to race. You mean people can critique feminism and not people's races? Duh. Feminism is an intellectual idea/movement that needs to be discussed and critiqued constantly so we can arrive on the right path. What is there to critique about someone's race....?

 

also p.s. When it comes to language yes there is a deeper meaning, that's why some words and phrases stick.

 

its a shame that so many people derailed this conversation by insisting people explain WHY it was being discussed.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...