💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

heavymetall0v3r
4 hours ago, Frankenztein said:

If Justin, Katy, Miley, or anyone else used a harmless phrase like "manly tears" pretty sure most people wouldn't care enough to even notice, let alone make a big fuss about it. I know I for one couldn't care less just like I don't care at all that Gaga said it...

Personally I'm SOOOOOOOO OVER this fanbase nitpicking and over-scrutinizing every single word Gaga says, or every little thing she does. She's a human who's learning through her experiences just like everybody else.  No one is being DARING by fine combing Gaga for every tiny flaw. A better word for that is PETTY. 

Mkay (lol I went to sleep and don't care anymore having woken up)

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahri Under You

This is a LITTLE ridiculous. These are such tiny things to be so worked up about... it's just lingo she's not trying to separate anyone

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, Ahri Under You said:

This is a LITTLE ridiculous. These are such tiny things to be so worked up about... it's just lingo she's not trying to separate anyone

I think it's beyond ridiculous. It's petty and pathetic. 

Pharamon
4 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

No they're not, people are just speaking out about what they've always wanted too but didn't think they could.

look what happened to most of the feminism...pitting women against men

Although I do think that phrases like this need to die out because they challenge the extent of masculinity, I don't believe it to be problematic to say such thing. :sis:

Katsuki Bakugo

Pretty sure this was a f u c k i n g joke. 

As I man I say I cried Manly tears - for comedic effect not because I think crying as a man is not masculine. 

You (THE OP) need to sort out your priorities and get a hobby. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Born To Slay
40 minutes ago, Skrill said:

look what happened to most of the feminism...pitting women against men

That doesn't mean they aren't right some of the time

LOL suuuuuure she is sexist and fake, shess probably had a penis all this time after all too.

Lol, for people like you, noone likes us

For hundreds of years anatomist believed courage was literally produced in the testicles, that is likely why many languages use "balls" as a metaphor for bravery. It's also worth considering that in 2016 some women have balls.

Even if you replace "balls" with the more gender neutral term "guts" to be a metaphor for bravery, you would have social justice fanatics claiming that the expression "having guts" is offensive to people who have had gastric bypass surgery. "Do you think people who have had parts of their stomach and guts removed are less brave than anyone else?" Safe spaces would open up for people who had irritable bowel syndrome, "we aren't cowards just because our guts happen to have a weak constitution!"

I can't help but notice the same social justice movement which decries the subconscious sexism found in our culture has no problem defending the blatant sexism found in other cultures. (i.e. hijab, niqab, burqas)

HOTNebraskaGuy

Oh no guys the Tumblr users have infiltrated GGD. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

latina twilight

It's pretty obvious for me that she was being sarcastic.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Archived