💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Gwen Stefani Creates "Kuu Kuu Harajuku", Super Kawaii Kids Show

Honey Boo Boo

Featured Posts

Honey Boo Boo
Gwen Stefani has just released the theme song and music video for her new super kawaii TV show!

"The #KuuKuuHarajuku video is here!!! My new show Kuu Kuu Harajuku premieres Oct 3rd at 4pm on Nickelodeon!!!👏🏽🎬🎥💕 Gx"

Gwen Stefani previewed her upcoming animated Nickelodeon series Kuu Kuu Harajuku in a flashy new music video, which features a "roll call" of the characters in the fictional HJ5 band: Love, Angel, Music, Baby and G.

"Say hello to HJ5, a brand new band with their own style," the vocalist raps in the clip, breaking down each band member's personality and quirks. Love is the "brain of the crew"; Angel has a "sunshine demeanor"; Music will "put up a fight"; Baby is "sweet as can be"; and Stefani-inspired leader G's "got your back."

Stefani first created the Harajuku Girls characters for a track of the same name on her debut solo LP, 2004's Love. Angel. Music. Baby. On the show, the quintet will battle aliens, politicians and various obstacles, continuously interrupting their attempts to perform live.

"Stefani [has always had a] love of pop art and lifelong admiration for the street fashion and creative youth culture found in the renowned Harajuku neighborhood of Tokyo, Japan,” reads a press release, US Weekly reports. "It was while writing her first solo album that Stefani created the original Harajuku Girl characters as a celebration of the creativity and individualism she saw and loved in the Harajuku District."

The 26-episode Kuu Kuu Harajuku, co-created and executive produced by Stefani, will air Monday, October 3rd through Friday, October 7th at 4 p.m. ET/PT. Subsequent episodes will premiere in the regular time slot of Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-gwen-stefani-rap-in-harajuku-inspired-nickelodeon-show-w442030

YouTube link:

Spoiler

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

artRaver

Social Justice Warriors are going to slop this shït up like white gravy with biscuits and complain. Rest In Peace, Gwen xx

The show overall looks cute I guess. The drawing style is really nice. 

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Sizzily
2 minutes ago, F AM E said:

They couldn't even make the girls Japanese? What kind of cultural appropriation mess :saladga:

but slay LG5 impact :lana:

Where are you getting that they aren't Japanese from? :toofunny:

One Banned Boi

I don't see this show getting passed it's 2nd season. Sorry Gwen, I'm a huge fan, buy I just don't see this being a successful show.

18 minutes ago, F AM E said:

They couldn't even make the girls Japanese? What kind of cultural appropriation mess :saladga:

but slay LG5 impact :lana:

Looks like one of them is. The answer to that question however is marketing. 5 girls who all have different skin tone and hair color give more diversity and that means more kids will be able to choose a favorite. By the looks of it there's an Asian girl, Black girl, White Brunette, White Blonde and a racially ambiguous kinda Latina looking girl.

Who says girls with different skin tones can't be Japanese? 

Gwen got crap from SJW's 10 years ago when the Harajuku Girls were all Japanese. Now she'll get it when they're diverse. I think what no one realizes is that her "Harajuku" is inspired by the district in Japan but is more of a dream fictional land for her. 

Archived