💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ANTI: Sales vs. Sales/Streaming

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA
1 minute ago, Beto said:

How the hell is she gonna become legendary when her music is not being played on the radio and her albums are not selling? What's the point of being a legend to only a handful of people in the world when the rest of the world remembers her as the "Poker Face girl" or the "Meat dress chick" and the majority doesn't remember her at all?

In the long term, a commercial song would be a smarter choice for career as popstar. If she's counting on the media/public forgetting her, then it's okay. But that's a weird choice if it's longevity in the music industry she's looking for.

David Bowie is legendary and he wasnt that massive seller. Amy is legendary and she only had 2 albums

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

David Bowie is legendary and he wasnt that massive seller. Amy is legendary and she only had 2 albums

MTE. Legends are not made by massive albums or hit singles, they're made by the impact they leave on people. Gaga already caused a huge paradigm shift in pop music back in 2009-2011. We don't have to worry about her legacy, it will be set into stone.

Spoiler

But If people really wanna define legends by their sales numbers, we could talk about how The Fame outsold David Bowie's most successful album 'Let's Dance' by more than 6 million copies.

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

MTE. Legends are not made by massive albums or hit singles, they're made by the impact they leave on people. Gaga already caused a huge paradigm shift in pop music back in 2009-2011. We don't have to worry about her legacy, it will be set into stone.

Hide contents

But If people really wanna define legends by their sales numbers, we could talk about how The Fame outsold David Bowie's most successful album 'Let's Dance' by more than 6 million copies.

this

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

doppelganger

I don't quite agree. A music lover is more likely to stream an up and coming act rather than purchase their album. 

1 hour ago, Bio said:

Yeah but do you buy albums from artists other than your faves?

Depends if I like the album or not.

I'm not a stan of Justin or 1D, yet I still bought their albums because I liked the songs on them :nails: 

littlepotter
2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Actually it should look like this:

SPS:

1st week: #27
2nd week: #1

Sales:

1st week: -
2nd week: 1

Anti was leaked by Tidal accidentally on Thursday (the last tracking day of the charts). In those like 4 hours it sold 460 copies and the massive streams for Work propelled it to #27 on the overall chart.

Thank you!

chaeri pls

How Gaga will be legend in the future if most people forgot about her right now and don't even listen to her music anymore , let alone remembering her in the future. 

+ The GP decide who's gonna be a legend and who's not and Gaga is not loved by the GP so 

tumblr_nlfix7ZKYt1qff2ilo3_400.gif

Archived