Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So what genre is PI?

Quark

Featured Posts

Andre Flowers
36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

think?

The correct abbreviation for et cetera is etc. Not "ect". Sorry but I hate stan grammar and spelling sometimes .  :creepflop: PI genre= gagapop

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, hellothing said:

How come no one's mentioning Psychedelic? It does sound really Psychedelic to me.

Not quite. The intro is but that's about it

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

8 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Not quite. The intro is but that's about it

Listen to the instrumental. That low grungy riff throughout the song is Psychedelic.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

DeanWinchester
7 hours ago, hellothing said:

Listen to the instrumental. That low grungy riff throughout the song is Psychedelic.

I agreed about that earlier but it's very evident only at the intro and some parts and drowned out through most of the song

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Disco Rock.... that's just made up for me. It's Post-Disco, which has to with New Wave and alias with SynthPop.

The vocals sound like something from a 90's House song mixed with some 80's rock anthem style. That's it reminds of Born This Way.

For me it's a dance song, not a rock song. I don't know why BlodPop called it a rock song. I think it's not close to Dance-rock. It's probably more close to Dance-Punk

One thing is for sure, it's right on the Gaga vocabulary, it's such a pitty the song is a bit flat. And the vocals are too much, but it is a great development in her own language.

Okay my conclusion is pop, dance-punk, which is surprising. Guess i need to listen more music and answer this again

Lord Temptation

Pyschedelic dance.

Thats right bitches, Gaga just invented a new genre.

You read it here first.

Swan Heart

Well, it's a pop song.

It has a little disco and a little rock thing going on too.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Reality

I personally see it as a pop-rock song. I don't think that it's a purely pop song, otherwise people wouldn't have been complaining about the different sound when PI was first released. 

It definitely has some disco vibes, but we also have to remember that this was Kevin Parker's song, originally. When I first heard the song, I could instantly tell that Kevin Parker had a huge influence here; however, I wouldn't necessarily say the song's "psychedelic" either.

Her vocals also make me believe that it's leaning towards the more "pop-rock" side of things. They're very prominent and harsh, especially towards the end. However, the instrumentals also scream a bit more pop-rock to me as well.

It's not pop, but it's not rock either, it resides in the middle: pop-rock

🃏🖤👹

HOTNebraskaGuy

Im not sure, but it's good. :hor:

Edit: Probably pop-rock. There's no way people would've complained about it being too rock at first and then just call it pop later on, as some one's already mentioned. The vocals aren't pop, and that dark guitar isn't up pop's ally either. 

However I feel like it doesn't really matter, Gaga even said she thinks it's crazy how everyone's trying to figure out the genre and what not.

In the end it's just music- and a good kind. :diane:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Archived