Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga perform on the ARIA awards?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay
Just now, sarahb said:

Good in terms of what? 

Does she pay enough attention to you? I know she hasn't done a promo performance there since 2011 but overall do my think she gives u enough attention? 

I ask this as a spoiled American trying to see what stanning an American pop star is like from the perspective of someone from another country.

BLACKOUTbritney
6 minutes ago, Americano said:

I doubt it. She recorded an interview with KIIS in Sydney, so Aus is definitely on her radar. I can see her going to the ARIA awards.

We'll see. She did a radio interview for ARTPOP too and didn't come here until 2014 to half sold shows :rip:

2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Doeswould'veay enough attenPerfect you? I niw she hasn't done a promo performance there since 2011 but overall do my think she gives u enough attention? 

I ask this as a spoiled American trying to see what stanning an American pop star is like from the perspective of someone from another country.

She definitely needs to give us more attention. I am still extremely bitter over the amount of advertising and promo for the artrave. I saw 3 ads on tv for it over 3 days. In comparison I saw an ad for Katys tour almost every hour, for probably much more than 3 days. I was worried she would actually cancel. :rip: Id blame whoever was in charge of advertising for that though, but her doing promo here definitely wouldve helped things a lot. 

She did an hour long special for 60 minutes for Cheek to Cheek here which was nice. 

The ARTPOP Gallery wouldve helped probably. (Still not sure what it really was though :rip:

Ive rarely heard new songs played without it being a fan request since TEOG . That might be changing with Perfect Illusion though. 

Other Aussie fans might have different perspectives or things to add but yeah she really needs to give us more attention.   

28 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

We'll see.timedid a radio interview for ARTPOP too and didn't come here until 2014 to half sold shows :rip:

She did? I didnt even remember that :rip:. But at least with the gallery it meant she had some interest in doing promo here, and hopefully this time too

BLACKOUTbritney
14 minutes ago, sarahb said:

She did? I didnt even remember that . But at least with the gallery it meant she had some interest in doing promo here, and hopefully this time too

I think it was a phone recorded one and it was literally 30seconds :rip:

That gallery would've been so cool :giveup: 

2 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

I think it was a phone recorded one and it was literally 30seconds :rip:

That gallery would've been so cool :giveup: 

Did we ever find out  why it was cancelled? I assumed it was because of her depression and/ or the Troy mess

Born To Slay
44 minutes ago, sarahb said:

She definitely needs to give us more attention. I am still extremely bitter over the amount of advertising and promo for the artrave. I saw 3 ads on tv for it over 3 days. In comparison I saw an ad for Katys tour almost every hour, for probably much more than 3 days. I was worried she would actually cancel. :rip: Id blame whoever was in charge of advertising for that though, but her doing promo here definitely wouldve helped things a lot. 

She did an hour long special for 60 minutes for Cheek to Cheek here which was nice. 

The ARTPOP Gallery wouldve helped probably. (Still not sure what it really was though :rip:

Ive rarely heard new songs played without it being a fan request since TEOG . That might be changing with Perfect Illusion though. 

Other Aussie fans might have different perspectives or things to add but yeah she really needs to give us more attention.   

I wonder why she out such little effort into Aus last time. She did well on the BTWB, you'd think she'd invest there.

anyway, I hope she gives you guys more attention.

3 hours ago, Arturo said:

The way Katy made Roar the biggest smash there by doing some morning show and doing the weather?? Insane. 

:rip:

Do people even care about the Arias anymore though? I haven't watched it in years and only ever knew it was even on after the night of haha. 

To answer the question, sure. But I think there are better opportunities for promo here. People here respond well to artists that commit to us and acknowledge that we exist lol. 

Born To Slay
20 hours ago, Nicole said:

Do people even care about the Arias anymore though? I haven't watched it in years and only ever knew it was even on after the night of haha. 

To answer the question, sure. But I think there are better opportunities for promo here. People here respond well to artists that commit to us and acknowledge that we exist lol. 

What opportunitys would be better?

thatfoxyfeeling

Australia is a big market for touring, she needs to get her arse down under. I'll be pissed if she doesn't because we'll get 5 dates max. 

7 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

What opportunitys would be better?

I think there needs to be multiple appearances (a promo tour) rather than just one appearance on one thing eg. Arias. We can't deny that she's lost the GP interest here (compared to e.g. BTW) - a combination of radio appearances, TV appearances, interviews - the whole lot needs to be one to reach the potential mass market it could be. 

In saying that, I think Joanne is going to appeal to people here. It's (presumably, based on what's shes saying) relatable. She's telling stories about heartbreak, she's telling stories about relationships, loss - everything that every person can relate to in one way or another. She lost many people here during ARTPOP because she came across as an artistic god that no one could understand a lot of the time. This album is bringing her back to earth I think.

Something i've noticed is that Australian's like people they can relate to. They like people that aren't afraid to just relax and have a good time, I think one of the best things she could do is come and just enjoy herself, regardless of what methods of promotion she would adopt.

I'm sorry, that doesn't really answer your question haha - but if the ARIAs were an option, I'm not saying she shouldn't do it, but I think that as a standalone wouldn't be as effective as reaching smaller audiences at a time i.e. radio/TV. I could be wrong though! We'll have to wait and see :) 

Born To Slay
4 hours ago, Nicole said:

I think there needs to be multiple appearances (a promo tour) rather than just one appearance on one thing eg. Arias. We can't deny that she's lost the GP interest here (compared to e.g. BTW) - a combination of radio appearances, TV appearances, interviews - the whole lot needs to be one to reach the potential mass market it could be. 

In saying that, I think Joanne is going to appeal to people here. It's (presumably, based on what's shes saying) relatable. She's telling stories about heartbreak, she's telling stories about relationships, loss - everything that every person can relate to in one way or another. She lost many people here during ARTPOP because she came across as an artistic god that no one could understand a lot of the time. This album is bringing her back to earth I think.

Something i've noticed is that Australian's like people they can relate to. They like people that aren't afraid to just relax and have a good time, I think one of the best things she could do is come and just enjoy herself, regardless of what methods of promotion she would adopt.

I'm sorry, that doesn't really answer your question haha - but if the ARIAs were an option, I'm not saying she shouldn't do it, but I think that as a standalone wouldn't be as effective as reaching smaller audiences at a time i.e. radio/TV. I could be wrong though! We'll have to wait and see :) 

I see ur point and I must say, I wish the American audience I am a part of was so open minded. Maybe that's why her skipping Australia last era bugged me, they seem so smart down there. 

Maybe she could spend a week there the week of the arias and Perform on other shows thru out the week such as Sunrise, Today and ur X Factor. In addition do multiple radio interviews. 

I think Gaga needs to understand that extensive promo in general is needed this era. Especially in places like Europe and Australia.

Archived