💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion is Bad Romance Pt 2

ReidOne

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Perfect Illusion releases feelings within me I had buried for so long.

It's definitely Gaga's best lead single, ever.

In fact it could even become the biggest hit of her career, if it touches others the way it touched me.

If the radio does play it and embrace it. It will definitely become a hit.

GagaXCupcakke

Perfect Illusion is a blast, but it kind of feels empty compared to Bad Romance.  Bad Romance had fleshed out lyrics, an amazing build up and a sick beat.  

Perfect Illusion is just so short, it doesn't really have a build up to the bridge.  The bridge kind of just happens in the middle of the song, it reaches its climax and then ends immediately (like a lazy Grindr hook up)

Also lyric wise Perfect Illusions seems bland. But the lyrics aren't bland they just don't have any emphasis. All the importance is put on the production and Gaga's vocals so the lyrics are just kind of there for the sake of being there. 

BUT it is still an epic cool song.  It excels at some things, but not everything like BR. 

Bad Romance, Perfect Illusion, Judas, G.U.Y and ScheiBe are all epic Gaga songs in there own way.

ReidOne
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR, GUYS?!

Just realized this video has nearly 1 million views :giveup: :air: 

40 minutes ago, JEWRJEWR said:

PI is better than BR imo

I think I kinda agree, I became a stan after Bad Romance, but I was defenitely fan since Paparazzi and after listening BR for the first time I was like... meh but I like the song now (I still think that Paparazzi is better LMAO...). I love Perfect Illusion, it's kinda unique and it has a chance to become my favourite GaGa's song so far, at least it my be one of my favourite songs.

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Wow, feels good to come to GGD and see a positive thread with positive feedback for a change, awesome

I agree btw

I honestly agree. And I can't wait to see how this song performs in the long term. I still have hope about it being a smash hit. I love it and my friends too!

boneknuckleskin

Definitely not the caliber of her previous singles (I know I drag it a lot)..but I'll concede melodies & hooks (IT WASN'T LAAVVVH) are so good this song had the potential to be BR 2.0. It just falls flat. 

nativenewyorker

I wanna see her do PI acoustic the way she does Bad Romance. There's a definite Springsteen quality to the verses and the yearning of the chorus would sound so haunting backed by strong piano. 

Tommy Monster

The bridge has got the ultimate BR formula, it´s multi-layered with a really great gradation, yet it sound nothing like BR, which is a massive success imo :firega:

The only thing is the length of the song, and the chorus sometimes feels like a pre-chorus, especially on the first listen, you expect the chorus to hit and you get the second verse instead :laughga:

Other than that, the song slays my life right now :giveup: it picks up at high tempo and never stops getting higher :firega: certainly one of the best things she ever released, fresh, surprising and proffesional :applause:

Archived