šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion is Bad Romance Pt 2

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

OK, I'm just gonna say it...Ā 

After 8 years of stanning for Gaga and hearing her give interview after interview saying that she's not in the game just to make a "Bad Romance part 2"... that is EXACTLY what she's blessed us with on Perfect Illusion.

This is not a shade thread. This is a praise thread.

Songs like "Bad Romance" come along once in a lifetime/career. And Gaga, after years of no pop hits and singing jazz standards has just SLAYED US with an anthem that can stand shoulder to shoulder with Bad Romance.

This is not meant as a hate thread to fans who aren't into it, but I just feel in my heart that "Perfect Illusion" is Gaga showing us (and herself) that she can easily crank out another Bad Romance-sized pop smash again.

As a Little Monster since day 1, this song is everything to me!!!! I am so beside myself with joy over this song, I can't contain it. Lady Gaga, you are my pop QUEEN!Ā 

ReidOne

...and in many ways, Perfect Illusion is so much MORE than Bad Romance!! She has completely scalped me. I'm bald. I live for this single!!!

have you not heard Judas?Ā :classy:

Jk I get what you're saying, I'm not sure if it's just cause it's new, but PI is the only song that is on par with Bad Romance for me, it's like BR's shorter, angrier, disco-rock-pop brother that's finally been released to the world

Spoiler

omg PI is Bad Romance's PootĀ :poot:

Ā 

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

aquariumlust

I've thought the same thing over and over listening to PI. It slays just as hard and the hooks are insanely catchy.Ā 

Morphine Prince

PI is SO good.Ā 

It does have that BR feeling. I listened to them back to back today and they're just incredible.Ā 

Applause and BTW are great but BR and PI have something about them that make them amazing singles.Ā 

Can't put my finger on why. PI has become an addiction just like BR was when it came out.Ā 

I love PI so much. I'm so glad it's getting the paise it deserves cause it's truly an amazing song. Totally on par with Bad RomanceĀ :firega: haters can stay pressed.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

In a way yes. I can already see many here rolling their eyes at your OP because they see Bad Romance as something untouchable for Gaga. But despite their drastic differences in structure and sound, they both have aggressive, epic, and memorable choruses, and Gaga's voice actually sounds very similar in both songs. Also the emotion of both songs is a mix of something happy, uplifting, and yet dark and angry.Ā 

Lord Temptation

Perfect Illusion releases feelings within me I had buriedĀ for so long.

It's definitely Gaga's best lead single, ever.

In fact it could even become the biggest hit of her career, if it touches others the way it touched me.

Ā 

ReidOne

If you had any doubt, this performance pretty much says it all. She's giving us ORIGINAL 2007-era Lady Gaga performing in 2016.Ā 

WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR, GUYS?!

Ā 

Archived