💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

This is pathetic and toxic

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

boysboysboys
10 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

When I joined this site in 2012 I did so because I wanted to experience Gaga's career with like-minded people. During the ARTPOP wait it was crazy and hilarious (and even scary at times lmao), during ARTPOP came the negativity but somehow it was still bearable. C2C did well so there wasn't much of an issue. 2015-2016 had some negativity (as always) but you know, it was fine. 

The past 3 days on this site have been like nothing I've seen before. At times it seems like the negativity and obsession over achieving commercial success pushes out the excitement of new music. People who enjoy the song are leaving the site :smh:

Instead of people who don't like something leaving or simply riding along we've gotten so much unneeded negativity. 

I don't comprehend why super fans like us behave this way. There is no joy in being a fan on this site any longer it seems. I bet some of you worry more about chart performance and sales than her actual team :rip:

Of course we all want her to be successful but the desperation and obsession has become TOO MUCH. 

"Is it a hit?" "Will it flop?" "I hate PI" "She should've kept her old sound" "Will it debut at #1?" "Will it sell more than Meghan?" "It's flopping in the USA!" 

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Just enjoy the music and be happy. Good Lord. 

And yes this is another useless thread but maybe it will push down some of the other threads that are plaguing us at the moment :awkney:

Ditto on everything.

Love you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all so dramatic :toofunny:

It's a POP music forum from an act who used to rule the world. Of course the fans will melt down when the star doesn't deliver anymore. You would melt down too if you got used to having warm water in your house for years and then one day the water just stopped coming and you had to live without it. It would be weird if you didn't react to it.

4 minutes ago, Creyk said:

You would melt down too if you got used to having warm water in your house for years and then one day the water just stopped coming and you had to live without it. It would be weird if you didn't react to it.

tumblr_od7qj7kUoE1rvvk8yo1_r1_500.gif

FreePalestine

Born To Slay
12 hours ago, giskardsb said:

It's stupid to panic after 2 days, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it anyway so the only thing people accomplish is to bring down the mood of those who enjoy what Gaga is doing.  Some of the complainers actually want that though, it's their way of trolling and saying "I told you so" as if somehow they can convince Interscope to "get Gaga in line" or something.

If you all want to be "realistic" and panic do it in the chart threads where the rest of us can just ignore the BS.

Im not saying that people should be totally negative all the time. And they shouldn't present their point in a way that would derail the enjoyment of the song itself. But we should acknowledge that as of now, the song is doing below what it should be. It may turn around but for now, it's free falling. If fans are worried that they'll lose good things, that'd a valid concern and one we should discuss. I read here Gaga wants to tour this album, that won't happen if spthis album fails commercially. 

As far as getting Gaga in line, those people need to stop. Her new song is great. Let's hope she can turn this single era around so we can get many singles off what I'm sure will be a great album. 

Whispering
19 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Im not saying that people should be totally negative all the time. And they shouldn't present their point in a way that would derail the enjoyment of the song itself. But we should acknowledge that as of now, the song is doing below what it should be. It may turn around but for now, it's free falling. If fans are worried that they'll lose good things, that'd a valid concern and one we should discuss. I read here Gaga wants to tour this album, that won't happen if spthis album fails commercially. 

As far as getting Gaga in line, those people need to stop. Her new song is great. Let's hope she can turn this single era around so we can get many singles off what I'm sure will be a great album. 

It isn't free falling. The single is doing what most singles do...decline slowly after initial release until radio AirPlay catches up and begins to make an impact.

You do realize artists tour all the time with albums that don't come close to selling even 200K. Gaga will tour with this album. Artists that sell minimally also have promo and videos. I don't believe that the album will sell poorly, but just pointing out that artists that don't go platinum or have massive album sales still have full eras and their fans enjoy the music, promo, videos, performances and concerts! 

7 hours ago, Creyk said:

You would melt down too if you got used to having warm water in your house for years and then one day the water just stopped coming and you had to live without it. It would be weird if you didn't react to it.

that would almost work if it was a bathhouse.

but how's "You got used to getting newspaper delivery but never subscribed in the first place and then one day the paperboy just stopped messing up and your neighbor's journal stopped ending up on your lawn." for an analogy?

"oh well" is enough. "bad, trash, fail, flop, nail in the coffin etc." is too much.

how is that so hard to get?

BlaqJezus

This is the difference between a super fan and a stan. Stan implies no logic or appreciation, it only applies blasting support beyond reason as long as something is "flawless" enough. Nothing is flawless, and there is no such thing as perfection, and when the fans on GGD started to expect a multitalented, highly emotional, goal-oriented artist to only be a popstar forever, it shifted the feeling here to something toxic as @Morphine Prince said. 

Take the stan garbage elsewhere, so we can enjoy the music and artistry behind one of the most talented and hard working individuals of our lifetime!

I feel the same exact way, I was here during BTW and a bit during ARTPOP, I came back when the single dropped, haven't been here in almost 2 years prior to that, and this place hasn't changed. Crazy complaining and it totally takes away from the experience.

Born To Slay
39 minutes ago, Whispering said:

It isn't free falling. The single is doing what most singles do...decline slowly after initial release until radio AirPlay catches up and begins to make an impact.

You do realize artists tour all the time with albums that don't come close to selling even 200K. Gaga will tour with this album. Artists that sell minimally also have promo and videos. I don't believe that the album will sell poorly, but just pointing out that artists that don't go platinum or have massive album sales still have full eras and their fans enjoy the music, promo, videos, performances and concerts! 

Rise was still at number one at this point. If Rise was on the chart now, it'd be at number 2. PI has fallen to 4 last I checked. 

And yes, they might get to do that. But will they get the same budget for that stuff? Give an example of an artist who doesn't sell that well but still gets the money Gaga got in her prime from the label and live nation. 

teenagechrist

I was thinking about not checking the forum as often because of all the negativity and the drama about PI, it makes me angry and it completely ruins the experience. 

I really want her to get the success she deserves, but if the single is not a #1 smash hit I really don't care. 

feeling so hot tamale

I've been a mod for 6 years and this is the worst it's ever been. And that's with me saying I've seen some rough **** beforehand too. 

It's just really sad how people have no confidence and can't support her and levy all her success on PI. It takes a toll on the psyche

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Michelle

It really has reached a new level of patheticness. I'm not  talking about people who don't geunuinely like PI...but the ENTITELED ones who are over the top about it (and everything THEY feel they DESERVE) I've been here for a long time and as @Zilla said its the worse it's  ever been. I just stay in my bubble and try my best to ignore some of the over the top rudeness but some days I face palm so much that my head hurts :saladga:

anyway. Think I've reached posts for the year haha I rarely post but have been today. 

Off to play PI some more :music:

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

Ew get over it. The sensible people already have. It was cool to bash the haters and praise PI the first day when it was released, its really petty and a straight up upvote farm now. :madge:

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived