Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

After ARTPOP, I learnt not to care about the charts so much

Miracle

Featured Posts

Miracle

Even though I still check them (I'm somehow a chart freak even though it doesn't influence my music taste), I've learnt not to care about them. I see Gaga in a different space now. Like in the space Florence Welch, or even Kings Of Leon. She has put out an out of this world song that it's the definition of anti radiofriendly. I would be worried if Gaga was freefalling with a tropical house produced by Major Lazer featuring Justin Bieber but she's fine. Gaga has reinvented herself and she isn't a top 40 act anymore, especially with the people involved on LG5.

Assume it, she's becoming some kind of Stevie Nicks / Florence / Pat Benatar of our times.

She's playing in a higher league

Anyway, I hope she snatchs a BBHOT100 top 10

I'd agree with this sentiment if ARTPOP wasn't a massive letdown for me :rip:

But charts have never mattered to me anyway.

Purr more, hiss less.

Miracle

I'm happy this era isn't going to be like ARTPOP because we've already learnt charts are not that important + the quality of the material seems to be 100 times better. And different.

I'm not into pop music at all. Or anything top 40 for that matter. So charts or awards don't mean a lot to me.

However I will say I find it horribly upsetting when Gaga is thrown into the "pop girls" group. She doesn't belong there. She's an amazingly talented musician and artist, and she's honestly TOO good to be engaging in petty competitions with the people who currently dominate the charts.

Spoiler

disclaimer: Obviously there are a few exceptions because of course some real artists do manage to climb up the charts and all that.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

BloodyJudas

Even though Gaga still cares about the charts in some way but she is not obsessed over it like Katy Perry.  That is why she has the whole promo planned :) I personally don't care whether PI is gonna be a hit or not, just love the music and for me it is the best song of 2016 hands down ;)

Phoenix

Well I never really cared about charts, but trust me or not, ever since Marry The Night kinda under-performed I knew that she will never again have the success as she did in 2011 or before, and other fans were sure she will pull TFM numbers again with ARTPOP. That's why I wasn't too surprised with whole ARTPOP era underperformance or now with PI etc. 

I think the best thing one can do is to either ignore the stuff that people write on these forums, or if you can't do it, just leave it for some time, cause people let these things affect their opinion.

Just enjoy the music, if you like the song.

💎

I don't understand why people think that "not being a top 40 act" equals being in a "higher league". It doesn't. by defnition it means you are less successful, and therefore inferior. Because you are not even good enough to satisfy the public's wishes. Like why on earth would anybody think there is anything good about that, or that is something to be proud of? I don't get it. She can make hundreds of songs that "make her happy" but the one that she pushes as a single should be one that connects with the public and they will like it.

After Applause, I'm fine with a top 5 peak. As long as she delivers those performances and visuals that will stick to public memory, then I'm fine. I just want her to be relevant in pop culture and she can do that without topping the charts.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

48 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm happy this era isn't going to be like ARTPOP because we've already learnt charts are not that important + the quality of the material seems to be 100 times better. And different.

Whats wrong with ARTPOPs quality lmfao

Yall finding excuses and **** idk just my opinion

MAKE IT WORK

The charts are just reflective of what's popular, that's it. It doesn't reflect anything else so people do need to stop obsessing over it.

13VictorC

I still care. :noparty:

Gaga deserves the recognition for her work, especially when this recognition is going towards more shallow songs. Also, the amount and dimension of performances, interviews, and so forth is directly proportional to her level of fame.

Archived