Rate Perfect Illusion

Prismatic

Rate Perfect Illusion   

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Perfect Illusion

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy

The beginning is amazing. 10+

But stated above, it gets so repetitive torward the end. And she's known for her amazing bridges... a bit disappointed about that. It still has a good sound, so I'll give it that. Maybe it'll grow on me. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEARTHUNTER
6 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

It's so repetitive that it's annoying, wonder why it took 4 writers, each wrote a line. Worst lead single imo.

REAAAAAALLLY????

There were only 2 writers on this.

Fernster7

It is definitely so much better than BTW, and I'd say it's better than Applause too, I felt disappointed with Applause and I ended up liking it a lot so I can't wait to see how it ages.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Dangerous Man

10/10

Only basic pop lover would give this below 8.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

AquaFire Witch

It's perfect. It reminds me of those great 80's pop ballads that I would listen to as a kid.. Even the way it ended reminded me of Maria Vidal. It's crazy....I'm glad I'm older because I can see where the influence comes from when she puts out tracks like this. It makes me love her so much more. There is absolutely nobody like her. I love it so much!

PMKKARDASHiAN

It's a 10 from me

Edit: 

I was a little intoxicated when I gave this shot gun rating. 

But now, 3 days later and hundreds of listens, it's a solid 8.3

It's a good song, good beat, great vocals. I only wish her vocals weren't so loud and maybe slightly softer. 

My initial response was 6.5. Right now I'd give it 6.7

My responses from previous lead singles.

BTW: 8 for the premiere, 8.5 after the mv.

Applause: 7.1 for the premiere, 7.8 after the mv.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Not really what I wanted or expected (Thank god I didn't hype myself). The Lyrics are basic 90% Perfect Illusion 5% Love 5%other and its just so repetitive...  I also don't love the pitch change its just kinds messy. It might grow on me but yea not my song. :awkney:

PopBitch
On September 8, 2016 at 11:52 PM, 2ndTimeAround said:

So repetitive. Idk how many times we have to hear "it was a perfect illusion" it had potential to be amazing but it needed more lyrics and hooks. Her weakest lead yet tbh

I have to agree.  I've waited to comment to give it time.  But it's like the last minute she ran out off ideas.  It had the potential to be ah-mazing.  The repetiveness does nothing for me.  Weakest lyrics ever written by her.  If i was drunk in a bar,  I would be into it.  But I like where she is going, so this makes me very hopeful about the new album.  But this song is not a  ten for me, but it does have good parts to it I like.

Togekiss

I gave it a 9 but if you adjust for survey bias I think it's really a 10.

It's the first Gaga song I've LOVED instantly since Venus and before that it was Bad Romance.

bring on that pecan pie

2ndTimeAround
On 11/09/2016 at 3:27 AM, PopBitch said:

I have to agree.  I've waited to comment to give it time.  But it's like the last minute she ran out off ideas.  It had the potential to be ah-mazing.  The repetiveness does nothing for me.  Weakest lyrics ever written by her.  If i was drunk in a bar,  I would be into it.  But I like where she is going, so this makes me very hopeful about the new album.  But this song is not a  ten for me, but it does have good parts to it I like.

I wrote that on the day it was released. I will admit I was super pressed at the direction of the music, but I still do stand by my critique even though I love the song now.

But it lacks so much story telling, a lot of her music tells a story, teog, you and I, hair, Judas, I could go on... I just feel like if you're going to write a heartbreak anthem, and you're going to have so many metaphors relating heart break to drugs and addiction I feel like their should have been a stronger story rather than a continuation of "it was a perfect illusion, you were a perfect illusion" 

The bridge where she says the "you're my modern ecstacy" lyrics and so forth SHOULD have been louder, the beat should have been scaled back and it should have been more on the acapella scale of production. Because those lyrics are BRILLIANT, but it's overshadowed by the vocals, you can't actually hear what she's saying. 

It's really a mixed bag for me because I do enjoy listening to the song, but I feel like, for a record that was worked on for a while, I thought her story telling, her lyrical genius and her art for perfection would have shone more and we could have got something a bit more comprehensive. 

Because the theme perfect illusion, her direction was absolutely great, even the new aesthetic and sound is refreshing. It just has some down falls. 

But I purchased the song on itunes and Google music and have been streaming on Spotify :)

9/10 for sure. PI is a grower, but not like applause. Applause was a grower in the sense that I needed to listen just to it to find its strength, and when AP came out it was overshadowed IMHO. Pi is LIT. Easily it's her best lead single after BR, in tight with JD. It is repetitive? Yes. But lyrically it works extremely good. It stucks in your head.

President Trump

I legit rated it a 2 the first day I heard it. 

I just gave it a 9

that says it all 

gixwgS6.gif

Ma ma pa pa pa

Archived