💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So, let's rate it

boneknuckleskin

Based on it's own merits (no comparisons to previous singles)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 10, with "1" being the biggest flop you've ever heard and "10" being the most mind-blowingingly incredible song that you could ever imagine hearing - how would you rate Perfect Illusion?

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boneknuckleskin

I give it a 6, which I actually correlate closer to C- rather than a D because I sort of like it and I think it's a pretty good song sans the weird vocals, lacking chorus, and overall repetitiveness - that's where I dock points. It could have been a real anthem. I actually like it better than I liked BTW on first listen, but no love at first sight like Appaluse or anything from TFM. Slay, I guess. :unicorn:

Evan Peters
3 minutes ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

i voted a 2!

yet the two option has 0 votes :oprah:

emma roberts is an abuser

freebit

On a scale of Bad Kids (1) to Bad Romance (10), this is a MANiCURE/Money Honey (6) for me at the moment. Not horrible, not an automatic love, it is ok. My opinion could change over time though. 

Its a 10 from me.

I get its not going to be the same for everyone, but somehow this gave me all the feels. 

Like i get that it might be a bit repetitive to some but its so new and different to anything I have heard in a long time. 

I think the people dragging it are going to be eating their words once they give it some time and actually listen to it.

15jocart

It would be a 7 because it's solid but repetitive but the key change literally added an entire point

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

I like it, but I would have loved it a great deal more if the backing vocals replaced the 'it was a Perfect Illusion' part on the bridge  - it would have broken up the repetitiveness of the song and given it a bit more depth.

boneknuckleskin

For you mons†ers giving it a 0 -- is it really that bad? Does it have no redeeming quality whatsoever? Or is the 0 just an emotionally charged vote because it didn't live up to your expectations? :laughga:

Personally don't care for it. I've loved each of her lead singles the moment I heard them – was very let down by this song, and I had kept my hype to a minimum. It felt very 80s to me and it just was not my cup of tea. Felt sort of unfinished, like it was lacking something. Definitely the weakest of her lead singles thus far.

That being said, it's not an awful song. I'll take it over Rise in a heartbeat, and I like how different it is from what everyone else is putting out, and it'll be a killer song at concerts. Overall, tho, not my fave.

Archived