💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna's first album is underrated

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Sure, it might be basic, but how can you listen to this and not bop your bussy to this! It's 80s at it's finest! I bet half of you so called Little Medonsters haven't even tried listening to it yet...

And despite being not so well known, you can't tell me that the closing of Physical Attraction with that 'a chemical, a chemical reaction...' is not ICONIC!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duella Dvil

Its my number 6 in my opinion, of all of her albums I feel LAV is reeeeally over rated but understandabley loved. It feels like perfectly bridges the Gap between True Blue and Madonna but honestly. LAV and Music are my least listened to Madonna albums.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Anderson123

It's not underrated, it has gotten the attention it deserves. You're probably too young to remember it but it's an album that everyone talked about, same with Like A Virgin. I'm not an 80's kid but I do now the impact it had on music. It sems underrated because most people on this forum are around 16-22 and they're too young to know about these albums. Most of them start with Ray of Light and Confessions because those are the most popular.

wtf is with all of these madonna threads flooding this feed by the way.

anyway, I think its actually quite celebrated and rightfully so. her early album thats deemed "generic" is actually Like A Virgin which to me is underrated. Madonna, the self titled, is considered a classic 80s dance pop record thats spun in underground clubs to this day. I really wouldnt consider anything off of it "unknown", even physical attraction.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Alan123 said:

It's not underrated, it has gotten the attention it deserves. You're probably too young to remember it but it's an album that everyone talked about, same with Like A Virgin. I'm not an 80's kid but I do now the impact it had on music. It sems underrated because most people on this forum are around 16-22 and they're too young to know about these albums. Most of them start with Ray of Light and Confessions because those are the most popular.

But it's only peaked at 8 on the billboard 200. I say it's underrated because it's barely talked about here and actually anywhere else in present day...

Anderson123
4 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

But it's only peaked at 8 on the billboard 200. I say it's underrated because it's barely talked about here and actually anywhere else in present day...

A chart position does not equal the impact an album/song has had in culture. Obviously not a lot of people talk about it right now because it has been 20 years since it got released, not to mention this is a Gaga forum and again, most people here are too young and went for straight dance Madonna albums. Not everyone here listens to all of her discography and a lot of them are just obsessed with Billboard charts and listen to what has sold a lot of copies, that's why Kesha, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez etc and other boring popstars are so popular here.

It's a really solid album, i really like it, def her second best album from the 80s (LAP is first)

4 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Totally wrong. Into the Groove, Lucky Star...there are tracks on this album that are played to this day not only in underground clubs but while you're shopping for groceries at the supermarket. When it comes to "iconic" Madonna records this is always regarded as Top 5. I suppose within the young gay twink set that don't pay much attention to music past 5 years ago let alone a 1983 Madonna record, its not talked about. But everywhere else its a classic album.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Alan123 said:

The impact an album/song has in culture does not equal its chart position. Obviously not a lot of people talk about it right now because it has been 20 years since it got released, not to mention this is a Gaga forum and again, most people here are too young and went for straight dance Madonna albums. Not everyone here listens to all of her discography and a lot of them are just obsessed with Billboard charts and listen to what has sold a lot of copies, that's why Kesha, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez etc and other boring popstars are so popular here.

I'm not sure what your point here is. It is a dance album. I know it might be old and that's why many Madonna fans here don't listen to it. But that's why I think it's underrated. People all listen to True Blue and Like a Prayer but not this album. 

I was there when her first album was released.  Borderline was iconic.  But it was her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th albums that contained several amazing hits.  I was a fan of so many Madonna songs from those years.

Edit, O yeah, her 5th album, also.

I live outside the space time continuum.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Vague said:

Totally wrong. Into the Groove, Lucky Star...there are tracks on this album that are played to this day not only in underground clubs but while you're shopping for groceries at the supermarket. When it comes to "iconic" Madonna records this is always regarded as Top 5. I suppose within the young gay twink set that don't pay much attention to music past 5 years ago let alone a 1983 Madonna record, its not talked about. But everywhere else its a classic album.

Into the Groove is not from this album. 

What's with people trying to disprove me? It's not on the top 5 of many lists. Why can't I bring some attention to this album here? 

Anderson123
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I'm not sure what your point here is. It is a dance album. I know it might be old and that's why many Madonna fans here don't listen to it. But that's why I think it's underrated. People all listen to True Blue and Like a Prayer but not this album. 

Yes. It's a dance album and it's a classic, that's why I say it's not underrated, it got the attention and the acclaim it deserves, all of the tracks on it are great and this is the Madonna everyone remembers (Those older than 25 years old)

Archived