question

Predict PI's First Week Sales!

Fiona Apple

??  

111 members have voted

1. 1. ??

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

So PI is coming in 6 days.And obviously its first week sales strongly depend on the song,the promo etc. but let's try to guess the sales and see how close to the reality our predictions are :)

Before voting let's see how other popstars did with their singles this year:

Britney Spears (Make Me) debuted with 96k

Katy Perry (Rise) debuted with 137k even though it was only a song for the olympics.

Fergie (MILF Money) debuted with 65k.

Beyonce (Formation) debuted 174k! despite being released on iTunes MONTHS after its music video and superbowl performance.

Rihanna (Work) sold 126k in only 1 day.

Personally I think that Gaga will debut with 160-200k or maybe if the song is great and the GP is here 200-250k

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

We have been informed (I forgot by who) that we shouldn't focus on first week sales, and I tend to believe that notion, it seems like this time Gaga is playing longevity and quality as opposed to hype and conventional pop music promotion.

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

We have been informed (I forgot by who) that we shouldn't focus on first week sales, and I tend to believe that notion, it seems like this time Gaga is playing longevity and quality as opposed to hype and conventional pop music promotion.

It's rare for a huge popstar to make a sleeper hit though. Usually songs either SLAY in the first week ,either flop

NewUsername

I read Applause had 315k or something like that (?), So I guess PI will have 300-400k. More than Applause.

Fiona Apple
Just now, Driezewies said:

I read Applause had 315k or something like that (?), So I guess PI will have 300-400k. More than Applause.

Applause has 220k

Bradley
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

It's rare for a huge popstar to make a sleeper hit though. Usually songs either SLAY in the first week ,either flop

Yeah but there are occasions like this, still. If I'm not mistaken, Hotline Bling garnered success later on after the memes, so people don't just discover a song that easily. I think with Perfect Illusion, the situation could be like:

'A new Lady Gaga song? I'll pass.'

but the song is so good, everyone keeps streaming it and talking about it and the previously reluctant listener now gives it a chance, and then likes it, and streams it often.

It's how I listen to music sometimes :reductive: I see that it's from an artist I'm not familiar with or am not interested in, I pass and then I chance upon it on the radio and if it's a good song I download it. It could be this way with the GP who are casual fans or weren't fans of Gaga before.

Archived