Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Holy trinity of today's cartoons? Today vs Past

n0ne

Featured Posts

Imo The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, and Adventure Time are the holy trinity of kid's cartoons now.

Spongebob also has a special place in my heart.

In terms of adult cartoons; Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Rick and Morty, South Park, and American Dad are the best of today imo.

I also hate how a lot of people say today's kids cartoons suck. As someone who grew up watching the cartoons of the 90s and early 2000s and now watches some of the cartoons of today as a young adult, both have their accomplishments.

Yes collectively there more great cartoons back then, but the greats of today are just as great as the past cartoons, if not better imo.

I just think the kids cartoons of today, specifically the holy trinity mentioned above, have more depth than turn of the century cartoons. And have humor and plot lines that will entertain and engage adults more than past cartoons, while still attracting kids. Not to mention the animation styles are amazing.

Don't get me wrong the turn of the century cartoons are classics but Adventure Time's mythology alone is >>>>>>>>>>.

Thoughts? Favorites of today/past? Today vs Past? 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

southpark is the best

/thread

edit: spongebob tho. the stupidity of him and patrick and the jokes make me piss my pants even today

Dominic

90/00s cartoons were always the best though and full of so many sexual references that you couldn't get away with now. 

Dexters Lab, Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Powerpfull Girls, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Ed Edd n Eddy. 

:diane: Oh to be a kid again 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Quartz

Futurama, Avatar - Aang and Gumball is my personal trinity. This doesn't count anime though :gaycat:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Just now, KinneyUnderYou said:

tumblr_m48nomUYyn1qa4wtvo1_500.gif

Tbh I could never get fully into The Simpsons; even though I love Family Guy and everyone likes to rip on how it copies The Simpsons. I just think Family Guy took a similar formula and made it funnier imo.

I do love the Gaga epsiode, the treehouse of horror episodes, and the movie though.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

RAMROD

Today:

- Rick and Morty

- Regular Show

- Adventure Time

Past:

- Futurama

- Powerpuff Girls

- 90s X-Men

Part 2:

- 90s Batman

- 90s Spider-Man

- Animaniacs

Past 

- Thunder Cats

- The Jetsons

- Tom And Jerry

Also for Adults, I must add The Simpsons, South Park, Daria, Beavis and Butthead, and King of The Hill

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KinneyUnderYou
56 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Tbh I could never get fully into The Simpsons; even though I love Family Guy and everyone likes to rip on how it copies The Simpsons. I just think Family Guy took a similar formula and made it funnier imo.

I do love the Gaga epsiode, the treehouse of horror episodes, and the movie though.

Me too! It was a joke. :laughga: I never watched The Simpsons.

RebeldeFaith

I love Gumball, Rick & Morty and Gravity Falls. :flutter:

I enjoy The Avengers and Star vs. The Forces Of Evil too.

Not gonna mention the old ones cause there are so much I would never end.

Something something idk

artpopulace

Present: Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and the Regular Show

giphy.gif

Past: Looney Tunes (the GOD of them all, bugs bunny was the kween), Rugrats, and The Simpsons. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10948-1348258025-2_

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

Archived