💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Lady Gaga - Sovereignty (LG5 concept)

HelloBarbara

Featured Posts

HelloBarbara

Lady Gaga - Sovereignty (2016)

Released: September 10, 2016 (digital), September 16, 2016 (physical)

Recorded: 2014-16

Genres: Pop, rock, disco, alt-pop, psychedelia

Formats: Digital download, CD, Vinyl (Standard), CD+DVD (Extended)

Producers: Lady Gaga & Mark Ronson (exec), Kevin Parker, BloodPop, Zedd, RedOne, DJ White Shadow, Nile Rodgers, Ruth Hogben (director)

Singles: "Perfect Illusion" (September 9, 2016), "All Mine" (feat. Beyoncé) (October 2016)

Sovereignty is a loose synonym for freedom. It can also mean ruling, and relates to queen-dom. The album is a tale of pain, freedom, self-acceptance, identity, escapism, clarity and, of course, sex. It is an intimate pop-rock album, with elements of funk, disco, jazz and alt pop. It features collaborations from Kesha, Elton John, Nile Rodgers, Lana Del Rey & Beyoncé. 

CrX_pkiXYAA9wht.jpg

Standard edition

1. "Intro"

A soft piano track that builds into a thumping rock ballad instrumental, symbolising pain effecting everyday life. The only vocals are backing vocals that start of as "ah"s and then turn into satanic screaming.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga and Mark Ronson.

2. "Butterflies" (feat. Kesha)

A soft-rock/pop track, featuring Kesha, speaks of overcoming pain and becoming free. Sister song to "Til It Happens to You", but more mid-tempo and rock-y. 

Written by Lady Gaga, Kesha Sebert, Zedd and Mark Ronson. Produced by Lady Gaga and Mark Ronson. Additional production by Zedd.

3. "Room in My Heart" (feat. Elton John)

A piano track, featuring Elton John, that speaks of finding new love after romantic pain. Gaga and Elton trade lines, and features an amazing vocal performance from both.

Written by Lady Gaga and Elton John. Produced by Lady Gaga. Additional production from Mark Ronson.

4. "Perfect Illusion"

A break-up song, about Taylor, but showing hope and new-found confidence. Also deals with learning from mistakes and forgetting about the past.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Kevin Parker and BloodPop.

5. "Reign"

A song about ruling: whether it's physical ruling (like kings and queens), taking charge of your own life and sexual freedom.

Written by Lady Gaga and RedOne. Produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne. Additional production by Mark Ronson.

6. "Sovereignty"

A concept song about a queen who is executing. Metaphorical meaning of a downfall, whether in a relationship, career or dream.

7. "Sire"

A tribute ballad to Michael Jackson, taking on different aspects of his style. Very emotional, pop-rock style song.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga, DJ White Shadow and Mark Ronson.

8. "Explicit Beauty" (feat. Nile Rodgers)

A song, on the surface, about getting ready and going out partying. Underneath, a self-acceptance anthem about owning your own beauty, no matter who you are or your physical appearance. A disco-influenced pop song, with guitar, production and featured vocals from Nile Rodgers.

Written by Lady Gaga, Nile Rodgers and Diane Warren. Produced by Lady Gaga, Nile Rodgers and Mark Ronson.

9. "Barcode"

A song about finding your true self and clarity in your life. A traditional pop song, that could be played in clubs. Quite uptempo and dance-y.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne.

10. "Chaos" (feat. Lana Del Rey)

Featuring Lana Del Rey, this song is about escaping from the chaos of everyday life, and finding time to get some relief (sex). It is a quite sophisticated, mid-tempo alt/dream-pop ballad.

Written by Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker.

11. "All Mine" (feat. Beyoncé) 

The sequel to "Paparazzi" and "Telephone", the song features Beyoncé and is about claiming your freedom, whether sexually, physically or mentally. It is rock-dance song.

Written by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Kevin Parker and Beyoncé. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker.

12. "Til Death Do Us Part"

This is an emotional pop-rock ballad about the death of a relationship. It is the penultimate song on the album and is very emotionally overwhelming.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga.

13. "Save Your Last Dance For Me"

A mid-tempo pop-rock song about finding happiness and clarity in life, and celebrating the best and worst of memories.

14. "Outro"

A short outro for the album, with a soft piano playing under Gaga singing a verse from "Paradise", which sums up the themes of the album"

CrYII86WIAAUlXk.jpg

Extended edition (bonus tracks) [CD+DVD only]

* "Temple" (bonus track)

A reworked ARTPOP outtake, about her love for Taylor.

Written by Lady Gaga. Produced by Lady Gaga and Mark Ronson

* "Crown of Roses" (bonus track)

A down-tempo psychedelic-pop song about playing to your strengths and overcoming adversity.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Kevin Parker and BloodPop.

* "Body Language" (bonus track)

A dance-track about finding new love, and shedding your past mistakes.

Written and produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne. Additional production by Mark Ronson.

* "I Want Your Love" (hidden bonus track)

A 10-sec break after "Outro", a full length version of Gaga's cover of Chic's iconic song as a hidden bonus track.

Written by Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers. Produced by Nile Rodgers.

DVD

1. "The Making of LG5 (Behind the Scenes)"

An hour documentary, set over two years, of Gaga's journey in making the album.

Directed by Ruth Hogben. Exec. produced by Lady Gaga & Mark Ronson.

2. "Perfect Illusion" (Music Video)

Directed by Ruth Hogben.

Hiiieee

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
3 minutes ago, WanderlustHeart said:

Genres: Pop, rock, disco, alt-pop, psychedelia

these are enough :neyde:

Computer

Beautiful imagery and nice details.  Also glad to see Barcode and Chaos made the album.  The PI BTS will be a nice touch. :applause:

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

Saint Laurent

The effort is tremendous, the covers are good, the track listing is okay, the release date is unlikely and the name is dire.

Kermit

:giveup: WHAT KIND OF DEDICATION AND OPTIMISM.

:applause: Amazing.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

HelloBarbara
Just now, DominicB said:

:giveup: WHAT KIND OF DEDICATION AND OPTIMISM.

:applause: Amazing.

Thanks 

Hiiieee

Luke78619

i love it all! except intro and outro, whenever i hear these on an album im like 'i cant listen to these on repeat on my playlist :awkney: '

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

HelloBarbara
Just now, monster78619 said:

i love it all! except intro and outro, whenever i hear these on an album im like 'i cant listen to these on repeat on my playlist :awkney: '

I just though it fitted with the whole "analog" thing

Hiiieee

HelloBarbara
2 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

I love all of this expect the actual features. I dont want Lana or Elton anywhere near LG5

But it's Lana bitch giphy.gif

Hiiieee

Archived