đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify is punishing artists who offer Apple Music exclusive

Serendipity

Featured Posts

BuzzcutSeason

Obviously knew this was gonna happen. If Gaga does have the AM exclusive, she'll be fine. Good Music speaks for itself and her label can still pay for hits playlists, etc on Spotify. Money is the main important factor to them. Gaga's song will take off on spotify if its relatable. Like, did anyone think Adele would do amazing with streaming? Of course, she's Adele (so obviously) but if she released a crap song, she wouldn't have had as good of streams. Hello was good for all audiences, hopefully Gaga's single is too.

As for the situation apart from Gaga, it just shows that Spotify has competition. Last i heard AM had 3 Million subscribers. Spotify has more of an audience, because its been around longer and because you don't need to pay (unless u sign up for it). Apple Music is honestly the better option in general when it comes to their library, its all the music on spotify and exclusives. The only thing holding people back from switching is the fact they have a whole bunch of music already set up on the other service, and the layout (which will change in September). I bet by the end of the year AM will grow in subscribers ALOT.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phong Le
1 hour ago, Bloody Matt said:

It's about rising your competition level in order to attract artists on their side. I know very little about this kind of stuff, but I think it's like when I choose to buy an LG tv over a Samsung one because the former has more to offer. Samsung, instead of punishing me by not letting me buy any other Samsung item (for example), should try to improve their TVs so that maybe people may choose them over the LG ones... This is my interpretation I don't know if it makes sense :poot: at least I tried.

The problem is that Spotify doesn't have the money to offer anything better. 

Phong Le
1 hour ago, andresaramago said:

Spotify is working in the name of music, It's not just about them but every other streaming service.

This is good for everyone, but the greedy artists that trade their art for a check.

I don't get why people are so upset. They are right or at least they are making something to make things accessible to everyone.

Not really. They only want their best interest. Apple Music provides them money for more content and free promo. Spotify doesn't want to do that because they don't have the money to do so. So they are making a fuss because they can't compete

FATCAT
33 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Their Music gets added to Spotify after a week or so. It's not like they completely blacklist Spotify lol that's what is upsetting me about it. Spotify will still get their money, just not as soon. This is so petty lol 

It's about more than that. Time is everything.

Purr more, hiss less.

ALGAYDO
10 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

The problem is that Spotify doesn't have the money to offer anything better. 

Spotify gets a much larger chunk of money per stream than AM does (hence why AM pays it's artists a fair amount instead of keeping most of the money) and they have a lot more subscribers as well. Spotify makes more than enough money to offer better deals. They just don't want to cut down their revenue. 

ALGAYDO
7 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It's about more than that. Time is everything.

Even so, I don't see how burying those artists is fair. Maybe just don't promote them or add their music to their popular playlists. But to literally make it harder for them to be found and messing with their search engine is just ****ed up honestly lol

Phong Le

I don't think people understand how exclusive things might work out. Like if Gaga was given money from Apple to do her music video, she is obviously going to have it exclusive to Apple Music. Why would she put her content that was sponsored by Apple on Spotify? 

Phong Le
2 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Spotify gets a much larger chunk of money per stream than AM does (hence why AM pays it's artists a fair amount instead of keeping most of the money) and they have a lot more subscribers as well. Spotify makes more than enough money to offer better deals. They just don't want to cut down their revenue. 

Of course they are making revenue but not enough to do anything extra then pay for what they already have. Like you don't see Spotify having a music festival or doing what they did with Frank Ocean. 

Phong Le
2 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Even so, I don't see how burying those artists is fair. Maybe just don't promote them or add their music to their popular playlists. But to literally make it harder for them to be found and messing with their search engine is just ****ed up honestly lol

It's even worst for their consumers. Now they get a shitty experience because the artist did something exclusive 

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

It's even worst for their consumers. Now they get a shitty experience because the artist did something exclusive 

Not really since the music gets a universal release on all platforms after about a week lol

Lion Heart

Gaga has the worst timing of all time

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Leonardo Fox said:

she dont give a ****, she just put her work in every platform, i just wish she wait to stream it on spotify at least two weeks so more people buy it, but she dont care

I think that would just lead to illegal downloads tbh

Americano
8 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Gaga has the worst timing of all time

I'd rather her not do any of this exclusive crap so maybe the best timing 

33 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

Not really. They only want their best interest. Apple Music provides them money for more content and free promo. Spotify doesn't want to do that because they don't have the money to do so. So they are making a fuss because they can't compete

No company wants your best interest. There are no free lunches. It's the most basic rule about economics.
It's not charity. Really, google it! 

Spotify is trash. Frankly I hate streaming and especially playlists. I'm so tired of the pay for play abuse that is going on because it just reinforces the rich get richer mentality. Unless you have a label or in at least one case a country buying your streams to make you popular you're not going to get ahead. Idk how to properly explain it other than streaming is greatly favoring specific people. You're buying acts and the little guys are SOL. Bring back physical copies that are harder to tamper with. I guess my thing is if you truly think music should be accessible to all then why are you favoring a few.

Archived