Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify is punishing artists who offer Apple Music exclusive

Serendipity

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotify get on my nerves with their pettiness. First they blamed Apple for supposedly making it harder for them to gain subscribers or something through iOS because of in-app purchases (which Apple requires for every app, not just Spotify) and now this. I think they're annoying lol. Just another reason to stick with AM in my opinion :reductive:

TheJackMonster
13 hours ago, Bloody Matt said:

By the way... Why the **** should they punish who chooses another service over them? It's just how competition works. If you want to attract artists to sponsorize you, just improve your service in order to bring them in. Being petty and "punish" artists for not choosing you sounds so elementary school :deadbanana: 

This isn't what music is about that's the reason.

Slayer

Watching this unravel with glee.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

iCpro
3 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Why does it matter if it's chinese or not? Corporation like corporation, It's still not the most powerful!

Because they're banks in a still developing country with no relevance to the music industry. My point was that Apple is the most powerful corporation with direct relevance to western society.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Debithius
37 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Because they're banks in a still developing country with no relevance to the music industry. My point was that Apple is the most powerful corporation with direct relevance to western society.

Well they all fall under the same category so you could be more specific on your original post next time. 

JOANNE2016

It's sooo funny. Guys. Spotify is the leading on music industry. 37 million paid subscribers and more than 75 million ad-based. I mean... if it's not there people will pirate it. That's how it is. 2 years ago I was an ad-based user since last year I'm premium user so that freemium thing really works and also I didn't stop buying CDs I spent so much more on music right now. I won't switch to Apple music I'll pirate the single instead at torrent and when the CD arrive I'LL buy it and rip. You can don't like Spotify but their access aprouch is right without access people will pirate, pirate things doesn't help with charts and doesn't even help artists. I'm stick with them. And don't say that they don't pay enough according the the NYT the lost 100 millions last year paying copyrights and stuff like that. Also it sounds better. Not that good as Tidal but in my MDR-1R Apple's doesn't sounf good.

DontDoubtDavid

I hate streaming music. Would rather physically own it, it's so much easier.

I thought everyone already used Apple Music anyway

20 hours ago, Runway said:

Spotiflop can try iT. Apple God >>> their irrelevant ass

this tho

Helxig
20 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

It was better before when vinyls and CDs still were the thing :emma: 

100%

I was totally here for streaming when it became a thing. Now it's just messy as f-uck. It's all become a game of control and power and everyone loses out. 

Trust the big f-ucking corporations to ruin something special with their god damn money making politics. 

It makes me so mad.

The internet came along and started to make things accessible, it was really enjoyable for a period, then the greedy corporations got their claws in and f-ucked it all up. Now everything is turning to ****. TV watching, music listening, purchasing literally anything, advertising, enjoying services that were once free that aren't any more, the artists and creators behind our favourite content being penalised and their success and freedom hindered. 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

VforVendetta
22 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

It was better before when vinyls and CDs still were the thing :emma: 

That was obviously better for many reasons, not only for sales. The quality of the sound and the product you bought was much higher...

lavenderblondee

I've been downloading for as long as I can remember. Limewire back in the early 2000's and then Ares was my ultimate go to up until my computer crashed in high school and I lost 5k songs that I haven't been able to get back :grr: So, I've been using streaming sites since then.  I love spotify because I can log in on any device and don't have to worry about backing anything up. As much as I would LOVE to go back to downloading, the convenience of Spotify is the one thing that keeps me there. But, since day one I've been leery of something like this happening. This is total BS imo. Spotify should be something in and of itself, a streaming site. Not something that should/would be negatively affected (in the long run) by exclusives. This whole situation is ridiculous and will alienate artists on both sides. Anything to gain a penny.

Reality

It's so f*cked up how these companies only see the money. They couldn't care less about the blood, sweat, and tears and the sacrifices that these artists make to create their art. 

This is exactly what Gaga speaks about during her ARTPOP era, it's a shame, really. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived