💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify is punishing artists who offer Apple Music exclusive

Serendipity

Featured Posts

teenagechrist

They are the ones to lose. Spotify needs artists, artists don't need Spotify. The music industry worked perfectly before them, so if I was them I'd stop with all the childish bs. 

feeling so hot tamale

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phong Le
41 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Not really since the music gets a universal release on all platforms after about a week lol

No I'm talking about Spotify burying the artist and forcing the user to do more work to find a popular artist. 

venusfly

Good for Spotify, any push to end exclusives should be welcomed. All they do is harm the consumer and line the pockets of the singer.

ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, LG said:

Good for Spotify, any push to end exclusives should be welcomed. All they do is harm the consumer and line the pockets of the singer.

But Spotify screws over the artists by giving them a minuscule cut from the profits. They simply only care about their own money. It's only fair that the artists make the right %, even if they're millionaires a la Gaga and Swift. It's their and their label's work, after all. AM gives them a fair cut, but they need exclusivas to attract new subscribers and keep the money flowing :sweat:

venusfly
Just now, HOMODRAKE said:

But Spotify screws over the artists by giving them a minuscule cut from the profits. They simply only care about their own money. It's only fair that the artists make the right %, even if they're millionaires a la Gaga and Swift. It's their and their label's work, after all. AM gives them a fair cut, but they need exclusivas to attract new subscribers and keep the money flowing :sweat:

Apple Music only pays $0.0002 more per stream than Spotify does, the amount is abritrarily small.

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, LG said:

Apple Music only pays $0.0002 more per stream than Spotify does, the amount is abritrarily small.

Really? Wtf I read somewhere that AM pays the artists almost 50% more than Spotify :toofunny: idk what to think anymore tbh

venusfly
Just now, HOMODRAKE said:

Really? Wtf I read somewhere that AM pays the artists almost 50% more than Spotify :toofunny: idk what to think anymore tbh

I got my info from here, it might be outdated but I don't think it is :shrug:

3048607-inline-i-1-what-major-music-stre

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, LG said:

I got my info from here, it might be outdated but I don't think it is :shrug:

3048607-inline-i-1-what-major-music-stre

LOL looks like Tidal is the fairest for the artists. Even tho they're at the bottom of users lol

Well at least AM gives artists free promo/banners on iTunes, etc 

Phong Le
3 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

LOL looks like Tidal is the fairest for the artists. Even tho they're at the bottom of users lol

Well at least AM gives artists free promo/banners on iTunes, etc 

Though they require users to pay more right?

ALGAYDO
Just now, Phong Le said:

Though they require users to pay more right?

Yeah like twice as much as Spotify. But they offer better music quality and royalties to the artists. So it's pretty fair if you ask me. 

Still not getting it tho lol

Phong Le
9 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Really? Wtf I read somewhere that AM pays the artists almost 50% more than Spotify  idk what to think anymore tbh

I think that's out of date. Spotify contract is actually up for most of the major labels. Spotify is trying to make it so they pay less but labels are using Apple as a leverage to make them pay more. 

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/spotify-contract-three-major-labels-wants-pay-less/

so so if they don't decide by the time lg5 is out it would be Spotify problem for not wanting to pay more since UMG is one of the contract that needs to be renewed. 

iCpro
2 hours ago, FrozenKookie said:

Stay deluded and pressed when Spotify is evidently on top of their game.

lets be real tho, Apple could bring spotify to their knees if they really wanted to, spotify ain't **** compared to the most powerful company in the world :reductive:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Debithius
1 minute ago, iCpro said:

lets be real tho, Apple could bring spotify to their knees if they really wanted to, spotify ain't **** compared to the most powerful company in the world :reductive:

Except Apple isn't the most powerful company xD

Evan Peters

good thing i don't give a **** about streaming lol 

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived