💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify is punishing artists who offer Apple Music exclusive

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity
1 minute ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

if you want to listen to a song on spotify just search the artist or song title. this honestly wont do much damage. drake had an apple exclusive with views and hes still the number one artist on spotify. so take this with a grain of salt.

Spotify has explicitly told artists who offer Apple Music exclusives that their music won't be included on featured playlists, and Spotify has also "buried" their songs in its search rankings. The music streaming service has reportedly been using these retaliatory tactics for about a year. 

:poot: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
manyatyau

But how can they possibly burry Big name artists like Lady Gaga? :creepflop: It will only irritate their users. 

Born To Slay
19 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

By the way... Why the **** should they punish who chooses another service over them? It's just how competition works. If you want to attract artists to sponsorize you, just improve your service in order to bring them in. Being petty and "punish" artists for not choosing you sounds so elementary school :deadbanana: 

If theyre gonna help the competition then why should they give prime slots to them? I don't like the way they said "punishing". It just makes sense business wise to not promote those who promote ur competition. 

Debithius

Spotify is getting salty over the fact that upcoming major arists are not debuting their music through their platform. 

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

Spotify has explicitly told artists who offer Apple Music exclusives that their music won't be included on featured playlists, and Spotify has also "buried" their songs in its search rankings. The music streaming service has reportedly been using these retaliatory tactics for about a year. 

:poot: 

Why should they not do that? AM exclusives are helping their prime competition. 

Bloody Matt
6 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

If theyre gonna help the competition then why should they give prime slots to them? I don't like the way they said "punishing". It just makes sense business wise to not promote those who promote ur competition. 

It's about rising your competition level in order to attract artists on their side. I know very little about this kind of stuff, but I think it's like when I choose to buy an LG tv over a Samsung one because the former has more to offer. Samsung, instead of punishing me by not letting me buy any other Samsung item (for example), should try to improve their TVs so that maybe people may choose them over the LG ones... This is my interpretation I don't know if it makes sense :poot: at least I tried.

Spotify is working in the name of music, It's not just about them but every other streaming service.

This is good for everyone, but the greedy artists that trade their art for a check.

I don't get why people are so upset. They are right or at least they are making something to make things accessible to everyone.

Is this even legal? :huh:

Praying Gaga just releases on every platform at the same time. MUSIC NOT THE BLING, girl. (and charts)

I would be really happy if both services just died. I've never really supported these music buffets.

Born To Slay
4 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

It's about rising your competition level in order to attract artists on their side. I know very little about this kind of stuff, but I think it's like when I choose to buy an LG tv over a Samsung one because the former has more to offer. Samsung, instead of punishing me by not letting me buy any other Samsung item (for example), should try to improve their TVs so that maybe people may choose them over the LG ones... This is my interpretation I don't know if it makes sense :poot: at least I tried.

They should try to get more artists that way, I agree but business usually involves both. And undercutting competition is common.

2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Is this even legal? :huh:

Praying Gaga just releases on every platform at the same time. MUSIC NOT THE BLING, girl. (and charts)

I think it is. It's the same situation but in reverse. If you don't release your work to a broader audience it's because you don't want it to reach that audience. Why would spotify promote those artists when they decided to release their work exclusively? 

This measures will benefit those who want their music everywhere. They should be on the top of the list and not the ones that went after a check. 

Born To Slay
6 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

Glory is not part of this feud thanks godney

She's almost always neutral in these things 

Bellatrix
8 minutes ago, andresaramago said:

This is good for everyone, but the greedy artists that trade their art for a check.

Greedy? They want to be paid for their work just as you, me and every other human being want. No difference.

ALGAYDO
8 minutes ago, andresaramago said:

They are right or at least they are making something to make things accessible to everyone.

They're literally doing the opposite by burying artists and making them harder to find on purpose tho. They don't give a **** about making music more accessible. They care about making more coins and punishing everyone who helps their competition

Archived