💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

HausOfNicole

Heavy promotion does not equal success. All the songs needs is radio play and to actually stand out as being good. She doesn't have to do the most in order to gain a hit song. Just look at the biggest songs of this year. The artist didn't shove them down people's throats, they were just simply well received. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna
5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I keep reading this argument but even if people were sick of her she was still talked about / bringing in those sales. Meanwhile right now the majority of the general public seems to have forgotten her / didn't know about ARTPOP at all. I'd rather have the first case. I don't think she should pull a BTW promo campaign again. But she definitely needs some promo at this moment in order to get noticed. 

I'm not saying she doesn't need promo, and I'm sure there will be promo once the single is out. But just because she doesn't perform at the VMA or the Apple Music Festival doesn't mean the single and LG5 are doomed. I'm sure Gaga and Bobby know what they're doing. 

monsterdino
42 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

wasn't she hyping applause on social media? :oprah:

so what if she did? :classy:

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

so what if she did? :classy:

she was keeping it relevant :neyde:

monsterdino
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

she was keeping it relevant :neyde:

as if PI is not relevant anymore...and yet here we are making topics about it

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, monsterdino said:

as if PI is not relevant anymore...and yet here we are making topics about it

she has to keep the GP thirsty before the release :oprah:

GloZell Green

Whatever. At least the announcement got out. I just went to high school orientation and every person I asked knew about the song coming.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Whispering
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

Throughout the year sure. But to drop it supposedly 2 weeks after the VMAs is still strange. It's not like she's releasing it in November. 

It obviously wasn't meant for a debut at the VMAs. Different era, different plan. 

AmenTheNight

I'm really curious to see how this era will go. Everything is so mysterious, no promo in sight, that's kinda worrying, but I trust her management. They know it's a make or break time for her pop career, they know they just CAN'T **** up.

And if they do **** up, well ... Gaga's pop career was good while it lasted, I guess.

Whispering
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

I keep reading this argument but even if people were sick of her she was still talked about / bringing in those sales. Meanwhile right now the majority of the general public seems to have forgotten her / didn't know about ARTPOP at all. I'd rather have the first case. I don't think she should pull a BTW promo campaign again. But she definitely needs some promo at this moment in order to get noticed. 

There you go again with the "people didn't know about the ARTPOP era." You said you meant the third single, but now you are resorting back to what you said you weren't previously refering to. Once again, millions of people bought the singles, album and went to the tour. 

People bought C2C and bought tickets for that tour. People saw her on AHS, on two Grammy shows, two Oscar shows and at the Super Bowl. People still know that she is around and doing music and they know she is extremely talented. 

I believe that Gaga knows what she does ,much better than some "career experts" here.

There are no missing opportunities. Gaga never mentioned VMA´s ,GMA or Apple Music Festival. Some created all that "opportunities" ,because they think that she always has to take the same steps when an era begins.

Gaga has confirmed a new single´s release. Nothing else.

Archived