💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Weasel
11 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Then you should have said the third single, and not ARTPOP.

There is no reason to do the VMAs, if your single isn't released at that time. Lol, last time Gaga did a preview of her music at her festival, fans whined that she ruined the "surprise" of the upcoming era. They are still complaining about it, years later! 

When the time is right, there will be promotion. I'm sure that a certain group of fans will be there every step of the way to call it lackluster. 

Obviously but the single is chosen and finished since last week which could have been just in time for the VMAs. Here's to hoping for something even better in September. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
51 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

What is there to promote?? The name? Chill sis :toofunny:

wasn't she hyping applause on social media? :oprah:

Slayer
31 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Single. 

She passed on the iHeartradio festival, Global citizen festival and Apple music event all taking place in September which doesn't seem logical at the moment though. And yes she could've done the VMAs too. Let's see if it all turns out to be logical next month or whether the era will be lackluster. Who's to say really. 

She passed on the iHeartRadio festival as well?? Well, sh*t...

56 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

What is there to promote?? The name? Chill sis :toofunny:

Another monster who doesn't bother to read the f*cking OP. :toofunny: Wish I'd chosen another title now.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

CatelynnMarie

Normally I would be frustrated, but I have a feeling something bigger and better is coming with the release of PI and LG5 itself. Since the announcement, I've been feeling so, relieved and just confident in what Gaga's doing. I can't really explain the feeling well, but basically I'm not concerned. Just wait. We only have a short few weeks left :firega:

Whispering
14 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Obviously but the single is chosen and finished since last week which could have been just in time for the VMAs. Here's to hoping for something even better in September. 

That wasn't the timing set up by Gaga, her team and her label. 

Weasel
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

That wasn't the timing set up by Gaga, her team and her label. 

Whoever thought of it, it still seems strange to miss a very good promo spot. I'm sure we all would've loved a VMA performance. 

Whispering
Just now, Weasel said:

Whoever thought of it, it still seems strange to miss a very good promo spot. I'm sure we all would've loved a VMA performance. 

No, it really doesn't. Artists release at different times throughout the year and there  are various promo spots throughout the year. 

Weasel
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

No, it really doesn't. Artists release at different times throughout the year and there  are various promo spots throughout the year. 

Throughout the year sure. But to drop it supposedly 2 weeks after the VMAs is still strange. It's not like she's releasing it in November. 

Born To Slay
3 hours ago, Iwontell said:

I get what you mean, but I think she might be trying a different approach this time...I mean, she promoted the **** out of ARTPOP/applause and it didn't exactly go anywhere. Meanwhile, Beyoncé and Adele, for example, have proved in the last years that you don't have to overdo it, that relentless promotion is not necessary...

I could also be wrong and in 3 weeks, when the single is out, she'll be that ubiquitous presence again...

She didn't promote the **** out of Applause, it was performed 2 times on tv before album release. If it had more high profile performances, it would've definitely done better. 

Lady Gaga is not on Beyonce or Adeles level of success yet. 

LaLuna

Promo isn't everything. Sometimes it even does more damage than good. After the BTW era, everyone was sick of Gaga because she was overexposed. And like someone else mentioned, she did plenty of promo for Applause and ARTPOP and that didn't keep the album from underperforming. 

Let's just wait until the single is out and see what happens. No need to panic just yet. 

rivingtonrebels

I seriously hope Bobby has something good up his sleeve because Gaga KNOWS we felt betrayed by all of the broken promises during AP.

GagaMyBlood95

I understand what the OP wants to say, VMAs, GMA and iTunes Festival are all huge promo spots. But if they aren't ready, if she didn't shot the video yet, if the choreo isn't done, if they haven't figured out the promo pictures, and so so many more things, why should she rush release it just to take those spots with not good quality performance and promo lined up?

Obviously, they have something planned, and there was a reason why they skipped all this, and why they announced it for a September release. I'm sure Bobby and the rest of the team aren't stupid, they know what they are doing.

Also, just because the song is finished, doesn't mean Gaga is ready to perform it tbh.

Weasel
4 minutes ago, TheCountess said:

Promo isn't everything. Sometimes it even does more damage than good. After the BTW era, everyone was sick of Gaga because she was overexposed. And like someone else mentioned, she did plenty of promo for Applause and ARTPOP and that didn't keep the album from underperforming. 

Let's just wait until the single is out and see what happens. No need to panic just yet. 

I keep reading this argument but even if people were sick of her she was still talked about / bringing in those sales. Meanwhile right now the majority of the general public seems to have forgotten her / didn't know about ARTPOP at all. I'd rather have the first case. I don't think she should pull a BTW promo campaign again. But she definitely needs some promo at this moment in order to get noticed. 

Archived