Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Iwontell
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

The music didn't appeal to the public, regardless of negative press or not. It's not like anybody actually reads articles about Gaga besides us anyways. Justin Bieber gets negative press all day and he still gets that #1 position. 

Anyways, the point is, she needs the promo and no she's not some superstar who's above that like Adele or Beyonce. Not at this time at least and G.U.Y. shows it. 

The music didn't appeal to the public, I agree...so promoting it everywhere would not only not have turned ppl around, but would have also made her look desperate, pushing a song that was fated to fail on ppl...

If we were the only ones reading, where did all those nasty comments come from?

Justin is a hot dude selling to an army of teenage girls (and some boys :gaycat:) eager to make use of his penis - his situation is so different from Gaga's the comparison is impossible.

And I'm not saying that Gaga is above promotion (she might be on every TV show in a couple of weeks for all I know), all I'm saying is that she might be going for something different...she might be curious to ser how her new material does on it's own (unlikely, but it's a possibility), she might be ok with working just for her fans instead of trying to work for everyone, she might be trying to focus on "good promo" and not "all promo"...and, of course (and most likely), maybe nothing changed and she's rehearsing for the vmas as I write this and in 4 weeks we'll all have ODed on Gaga...

Whatever is to happen, though, lets just let it happen instead of behaving as if she had any obligations to promote anything or to chart or to get any award, bc she doesn't...it's not out place to tell her what to do...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

G.U.Y. got zero performances and look how that ended though. 

Third single from an era that was already basically over...and a song that the average pop listener was never going to like. Completely invalid comparison here! 

Whispering
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

Tired of her? She only released one video almost half a year before that for the entire era? They were tired of her during BTW, during ARTPOP nobody cared, there's a difference. 

No one cared? She had a top ten selling album worldwide and had a world tour that ended up in the top 10. That's millions of "no ones"! :) 

This era hasn't even started and all you are doing is being negative. It's a constant stream of negative speculation. 

Harry

Opportunities come and go all year round. Apple Music Festival would do nothing for the single just like it did nothing for Applause in 2013. The only "missed" opportunity would be the VMAs but if she's skipping that then it's clearly a calculated and intentional move.

There's a myriad of shows she could still promote Perfect Illusion on. The Voice, GMA, Today, Fallon, Kimmel, Ellen, Colbert... Besides nowadays it seems that this traditional method of promoting is becoming more and more irrelevant so idk why we all keep stressing about this.

Hit songs these days mostly rely on streams, going viral... internet promo. How many live performances did the likes of Work, One Dance, Can't Stop The Feeling, Cold Water etc get? Then you look at something like - for example - Into You which got major spots at the BMAs and The Voice final but didn't scrape the top ten.

Gaga's always had to work for her hits so I'm not saying she shouldn't promote, but it's not that important yet. My point is that missing out on a few things won't harm it... There's obviously a method to their timing and y'all need to chill out.

Weasel
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

No one cared? She had a top ten selling album worldwide and had a world tour that ended up in the top 10. That's millions of "no ones"! :) 

This era hasn't even started and all you are doing is being negative. It's a constant stream of negative speculation. 

Yes because she actually promoted it. Once again, she's not the type of artist that doesn't require promo. She had most promo during her peak basically. 

I'm not being negative, just implying she needs promo for this single (and album). 

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

G.U.Y. got zero performances and look how that ended though. 

G.U.Y. never stood any chance for the GP. She just released it to please her fans and end the era. DWUW / Venus would have been the logical choices.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Whispering
9 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Yes because she actually promoted it. Once again, she's not the type of artist that doesn't require promo. She had most promo during her peak basically. 

I'm not being negative, just implying she needs promo for this single (and album). 

Oh, so you just made up the part about "no one cared" for your dramatic negativity? 

We aren't in the era right now. The promo hasn't started yet. How hard is that to understand? 

The single isn't out. Promo will come as we get closer to the release. More promo will come as we get closer to the album release. 

Weasel
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Oh, so you just made up the part about "no one cared" for your dramatic negativity? 

We aren't in the era right now. The promo hasn't started yet. How hard is that to understand? 

The single isn't out. Promo will come as we get closer to the release. More promo will come as we get closer to the album release. 

Nope, you started about the album so I commented on that. G.U.Y. still flopped because no one cared and it got 0 promo. 

I never demanded promo right now before the single is out. It's just noticeable that she seems to skip all the upcoming major promo spots and I wonder why. It's literally the same point made by the OP I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. 

Whispering
8 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Nope, you started about the album so I commented on that. G.U.Y. still flopped because no one cared and it got 0 promo. 

I never demanded promo right now before the single is out. It's just noticeable that she seems to skip all the upcoming major promo spots and I wonder why. It's literally the same point made by the OP I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. 

Nope, you commented on the album. You stared that nobody cared during ARTPOP:

"during ARTPOP nobody cared, there's a difference" 

The third single or the album era? Which is it?

Because she is starting her era in the middle to end of September, therefore promo will be different than an era she started in the middle of August. Logical thinking and logical conclusion. 

JoliesLips

I could see Gaga having a massive deal with Apple for the release of the new Iphone 7. ?!

Love GaGa!

Weasel
4 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Nope, you commented on the album. You stared that nobody cared during ARTPOP:

"during ARTPOP nobody cared, there's a difference" 

The third single or the album era? Which is it?

Because she is starting her era in the middle to end of September, therefore promo will be different than an era she started in the middle of August. Logical thinking and logical conclusion. 

Single. 

She passed on the iHeartradio festival, Global citizen festival and Apple music event all taking place in September which doesn't seem logical at the moment though. And yes she could've done the VMAs too. Let's see if it all turns out to be logical next month or whether the era will be lackluster. Who's to say really. 

Whispering
5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Single. 

She passed on the iHeartradio festival, Global citizen festival and Apple music event all taking place in September which doesn't seem logical at the moment though. And yes she could've done the VMAs too. Let's see if it all turns out to be logical next month or whether the era will be lackluster. Who's to say really. 

Then you should have said the third single, and not ARTPOP.

There is no reason to do the VMAs, if your single isn't released at that time. Lol, last time Gaga did a preview of her music at her festival, fans whined that she ruined the "surprise" of the upcoming era. They are still complaining about it, years later! 

When the time is right, there will be promotion. I'm sure that a certain group of fans will be there every step of the way to call it lackluster. 

Wisdomless1

I have faith, I like the idea of seeing how it can organically smash because she's been out for so long.

If you think about the risk of overexposure, if she does not do heavy promotion in the beginning of the album era she can sustain more promo throughout later singles without people thinking they are seeing her too much.

Archived