💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

''VMAS don't deserve Lady Gaga''

Regina George

Featured Posts

Fantina

I agree that she doesn't need the VMA's to be popular!I am sorry to say this,but she has changed!She wants to show the world that she doesn't need to do everything Beyonce,Justin Bieber style to have a successful era!I mean,through her career she was capable of standing out with her unique dresses,performances,songs etc...The only reason I want her to perform is to show the world and the GP how much she has changed,evolved(possibly a medley of her hits) and that now she is one of the biggest forces in music with her powerful voice,amazing songwriting skills and performances etc...If she uses all of this factors she definitely won't be needing the VMA's!:hor:

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
1 hour ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Say that when LG5 flops and you think that perhaps she should really have promoted it at the VMAs :awkney:

If the success of any album from any artists hinges on a single award's show performance, that album is doomed to begin with. 

The success of singles and albums are based on content, quality, timing, radio play and a wide variety of promo over months. 

Whispering
1 hour ago, donthatemeplss said:

she is not mainstream 

i dont listen to her 

for me she is not madonna and will never be 

That's your issue. 

She doesn't want to be Madonna, as she is far more talented in multiple areas. 

Barbra is among a small group of entertainers who have been honored with an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award, and is one of only two artists who have also won a Peabody. She is highly respected across multiple entertainment industries.

GagaTheExplorer

Let's be clear, we all want her to perform Perfect Illusion at VMAs

VMAs are a mess I know, and are getting worst and worst every year but let's not pretend we don't want her to be there, face to face with the other stars where she belongs

seems like everyone is going to be there this year:
Beyoncé, Britney, Rihanna, Adele, Katy and way more

so why to skip a good chance to have a memorable comeback?

Bradley

Stopped reading at Beyonce is 100000... bigger than Lady Gaga.

It's kinda expected Beyonce is (slightly) bigger than her,

#1 she has been out in the business for far longer than Gaga has

#2 she recently had a mainstream album released, Gaga's one is yet to come

#3 She is not as diverse as Gaga is. I suppose you only took into account their music achievements.

Nevertheless, Beyonce at most is a touring force and an award winner, she is nowhere to be seen on the radio, if anything Drake and Rihanna are bigger than she is as of current with all their hits.

Born To Slay
50 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

I never said people don't watch it. I'm just surprise people still do. Like the viewing for it has gone down significantly especially last years. 

So why should gaga waste her time practicing and getting things ready if it's declining? Like I'm more excited to see what she brings to the iheartRadio music festival. Especially if she's already performed a few singles for them. 

9.8m people watched last years show, that's not a small amount of people. 

Regina George
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

yaaas tell ha who owns him :firega:

I thought you were my sister :grr::derpga:

I don't doubt that they have cemented their place into historical and contemporary pop culture, messy or not. It's definitely a great promotional avenue for Gaga, especially towards a younger demographic.

But I also still have to acknowledge how they screwed Gaga over for her initial artistic vision back in 2013.

I mean, I know she compromised, but just knowing they were one of the many factors that kind of muffled whatever Gaga had originally planned for ARTPOP, messy or not, kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

edit: Been a fan since 2009. We all just have different views from what we want from Gaga, and what we want her to be.

3 points in and ready for more

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, donthatemeplss said:

I thought you were my sister :grr::derpga:

just stay away from the Couple of The Year :diane:

Cracks

It's so sad to see some people caring that much about commercial success. If you appreciate Gaga more when she's on top, you're not that much of a fan. And being a fan since 2010 doesn't make you any better.

Phong Le
5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

9.8m people watched last years show, that's not a small amount of people. 

Where are you pulling that number? Last year was 5 million which is half of 2013 viewing. 

PMKKARDASHiAN

I cannot with this thread? 

Perhaps the reason the vmas have become trash is because the music scene has become trash? It's been nothing but Miley, nicki, selena, nick Jonas, and other B list acts! 

It's hard to make a star studded event without the industries biggest stars (gaga, rihanna, Katy, Beyonce, britney) and the big stars are finally releasing, so I expect this year and next year's vmas to finally be good again! 

But gaga is most definately not above the vmas. What kind of pretentious off putting high school mind set is that trash? By that guideline, she's too good to promote on day time TV, too good to promote at radio station, and should only promote at the grammys and GG :deadbanana: sorry but I like gaga promoting every where! 

Sh!t, she's not exactly the biggest pop girl with the newest generation of consumers, ya know, the demographic that could potentially buy her new music, unlike the 30-50 year Olds who watch the grammys and GG. 

Edit: and yall better get off my baby momma @August Blue :hor:

Archived