💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry talking about Rise which won't be on KP4

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

When releasing your Olympics anthem, "Rise," you said you wanted to release the song now instead of waiting for your next album. When did you write "Rise," and why did you decide to release it now instead of with the album?

"Rise" is a song that I have had swirling around in me. it's a little bit like the story of the phoenix, about overcoming... Rising up again or finding that inner strength again and again, that's a lifelong theme for me. Years ago I had tried to write it but it didn't work, it didn't come out right. And when the Olympics approached us it was already half written, and it was one of the first songs that I have written in this next batch, so I pulled it out.

I would never necessarily go with this type of song as the first single in the middle of summer. It wasn't obvious as something I would go with for the next record, but it seemed to match the spirit of the athletes. I felt like that really matched. I've been taking my time making this record and I just wanted to have a bridge of something whether I was thinking about doing something for a film or something like this and this seemed so obvious and such a perfect fit.

How would you explain your upcoming album compared to "Rise" and compared to Prism? It's too soon to define it. I want to let the music define itself when it comes out.

http://mashable.com/2016/08/16/katy-perry-rise-twitter/#nGhB_0ZCC8q9

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KinneyUnderYou
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

"Rise" is a song that I have had swirling around in me. it's a little bit like the story of the phoenix, about overcoming... Rising up again or finding that inner strength again and again, that's a lifelong theme for me. Years ago I had tried to write it but it didn't work, it didn't come out right. And when the Olympics approached us it was already half written, and it was one of the first songs that I have written in this next batch, so I pulled it out.

tumblr_n2wnhbBXHk1qeuk6oo5_250.gif

Lady Gaga: ‘ARTPOP is about a phoenix rising from the ashes’

Dramatica

Katy ha R8 era

giphy.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

yASSsss

"I would never necessarily go with this type of song as the first single in the middle of summer."

her chart obsession is real

tumblr_inline_nyg4smuSoY1s7mcqt_500.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I would never necessarily go with this type of song as the first single in the middle of summer. It wasn't obvious as something I would go with for the next record

Risk-taking Queen :queenga:

August Blue

"it's a little bit like the story of the phoenix, about overcoming... Rising up again or finding that inner strength again and again" 

tumblr_inline_o7yi24TOfd1rs2l9l_500.gif 

yASSsss
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

the tea thattea.gif

My tea is always delicious 

giphy.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Archived